Chapter 15

The Turning Point

One evening, during a walk in the park, Lucius expressed his gratitude for the chance to make things right. "Rosetta, I can't thank you enough for giving me this opportunity. I know I've made many mistakes, but I'm determined to keep improving."

Rosetta looked at him, her eyes softening. She had seen the changes in him, the genuine effort he was making. Her heart ached with the weight of her own feelings. "Lucius, I... I can't wait any longer," she admitted, her voice trembling. Without another word, she stepped closer and pulled him into a kiss.

Lucius embraced her immediately, his arms wrapping around her tightly as if he was afraid to let go. The kiss was intense, filled with a mixture of longing, regret, and hope. When they finally pulled apart, Rosetta's composure crumbled, and tears welled up in her eyes.

"I've been so unhappy without you," she confessed, her voice breaking. "But I had to leave. I couldn't stay in a situation where I felt controlled and unsafe."

Lucius gently brushed a tear from her cheek, his eyes filled with remorse. "I'm so sorry, Rosetta. I never meant to hurt you. I was scared of losing you, but I realize now that my actions were wrong."

Rosetta nodded, taking a deep breath. "I believe you've changed, Lucius. But I'm still scared. I'm afraid we still want different things. I need a commitment, and I want the possibility of a family. I can't be with someone who doesn't share those dreams."

Lucius's expression softened, and he took her hands in his. "Rosetta, I understand your fears. I've had a lot of time to think about what I want, and I know now that I want you. I want us. And if that means a commitment and a family, then that's what I want too."

She searched his eyes, looking for any hint of doubt or insincerity. Finding none, she let out a shaky breath and nodded. "Alright, Lucius. Let's take this one step at a time, but let's move forward together."

Lucius smiled, pulling her into another embrace. "One step at a time," he echoed softly.

As they stood there in each other's arms, Rosetta felt a sense of hope and relief. The journey ahead would still be challenging, but for the first time, she felt confident that they could face it together.

The Date

A couple of days after their emotional reunion, Lucius and Rosetta planned to go on a date. Lucius had taken extra care to choose a quiet, elegant restaurant that he hoped would make Rosetta feel comfortable. As they arrived, Lucius seemed a little nervous, constantly glancing at her for reassurance.

They were seated at a cozy corner table, and Lucius hesitated before ordering for himself. "What would you like, Rosetta?" he asked softly, not wanting to overstep any boundaries.

Rosetta looked at him, her brow furrowing slightly. "Lucius, you usually order for me," she said gently.

Lucius's eyes widened slightly. "I didn't want to assume. I thought you'd prefer to choose for yourself."

Rosetta sighed, a small smile playing on her lips. "I liked it when you ordered for me. It was one of those little things that made me feel cared for. It feels like you're uninterested in me when you don't do those things."

Lucius's expression shifted instantly. The hesitation in his eyes vanished, replaced by the familiar confidence that Rosetta had always found so compelling. "Is that so?" he said, his voice low and commanding. "Then allow me."

He signaled the waiter over and ordered for both of them, choosing dishes he knew she loved without a second thought. Once the waiter left, he turned his attention back to Rosetta, his gaze intense.