1.16 - I'm not going anywhere, I'm right here with you

The car drove slowly on the road, and it took Jiang Yuan and Chen Zhao more than half an hour to get back to the basement. Just as they were about to arrive, it started to drizzle again.

  Actually... not much.

  But after entering the room, one of them hurriedly tried to get a towel to wipe the other's hair and clothes, while the other one pulled the other's sleeve, worriedly wanting to change the gauze on his nose.

  "Yuanyuan, change your clothes first, don't catch a cold."

  "The gauze on your face is wet. Let me change it for you."

  The two of them just looked at each other and suddenly laughed. It was almost two o'clock in the afternoon, and they heated up the food that Jiang Yuan had cooked when he left.

  When Chen Zhao was reheating the food, he discovered that most of the ribs of Jiang Yuan's stewed winter melon were in the thermos bucket sent to him, while the pot in the room was filled with some winter melon.

  After realizing this, Chen Zhao's throat tightened inexplicably.

  Jiang Yuan wiped the small table unconsciously while chatting with Chen Zhao, "It's raining today, so their business is not very good, so I bought it a little cheaper than yesterday."

  He was so proud when he said this that he didn't notice when Chen Zhao appeared behind him. He hugged him and buried his head in the side of Jiang Yuan's neck. His hot breath sprayed on his ears, and his voice was hoarse: "...Yuanyuan."

  Chen Zhao had a lot to say, but he couldn't utter a word. His body was full of emotions. He wanted to give him his heart: "Why are you so nice..."

  Jiang Yuan: "Ah?"

  After finishing their meal, the two of them simply cleaned up the dishes.

  At that time, the rain outside was even heavier than when they came back. Jiang Yuan could still vaguely hear the crackling sound of rain falling on the shed on the first floor outside.

  "It looks like it's going to rain all day today. I wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow?"

  Because it was raining and he had just finished his meal, Jiang Yuan felt a little sleepy for some reason, so he told Chen Zhao that he wanted to take a nap.

  Chen Zhao responded, turned around and poured the hot water that had been heated on the stove into a basin, and cut a few slices of ginger and put them in.

  Everything was ready. He placed the basin at Jiang Yuan's feet, squatted down and was about to take off his shoes, while explaining:

  "Soak your feet before going to bed. It's good for your health."

  Jiang Yuan knew this, but he didn't know where Chen Zhao got it from. He would always boil some hot water for him to soak his feet before going to bed. Even if Jiang Yuan forgot, he would not forget.

  He didn't know if it was because of this reason, but the pain in his knees that used to wake him up in the middle of the night every winter didn't seem to be as severe this year.

  "What's the water temperature like? Is it suitable?"

  Jiang Yuan dipped his toes in it and found it a little hot, but within tolerable limits, so he immediately immersed his foot in it.

  "It's a little hot."

  Chen Zhao moved a small stool and put his feet in.

  The two men's feet were crowded in the not-so-big basin, so Jiang Yuan put his feet on Chen Zhao's instep, so that the water temperature was just right.