4.9 - Zhaohui, you also have the right to reject me

Yu Chaohui's experiment failed.

  He did not become less dependent on Meng Rui after leaving him as he had imagined.

  Instead, they were separated for just five days, and his condition became even worse.

  On Friday night, Yu Chaohui was talking on the phone with Meng Rui. He fell asleep little by little by listening to the breathing of the person on the other end. He did not feel any discomfort the next day.

  When they met again on Saturday, he noticed that there were slightly obvious dark circles under Meng Rui's eyes, and Meng Rui also found that Yu Chaohui was not in good spirits, with red bloodshot eyes.

  There's something wrong at first glance.

  "Zhaohui? What's wrong with your eyes? They weren't this serious before." Meng Rui was very anxious. "Did you fail to take the medicine on time? Why are they so red?"

  "Zhaohui, do your eyes hurt?"

  "What about you?" Yu Zhaohui leaned uncomfortably on Meng Rui's shoulder. The two were sitting on the sofa at home. "You have obvious dark circles under your eyes."

  "........."

  "........."

  There are still two months until Yu Chaohui's birthday.

  According to the original plan, Yu Chaohui's eyes should have fully recovered by now.

  But it seems that Yu Chaohui's eye condition is now fluctuating...he even has blurred vision.

  Meng Rui hurriedly took him to the hospital for another checkup. The doctor looked at him with a long face and the first thing he said was, "Didn't I tell you not to stay up late?"

  His physical condition was not very good to begin with, and if he keeps doing this over and over again, sooner or later he will have problems.

  The doctor's serious tone made Meng Rui very nervous, and he quickly said that it was his problem and that he had not taken a good look at the patient.

  "It was my negligence. Please keep a close eye on it when I get back." Meng Rui said.

  For this reason,

  Yu Chaohui no longer lives in the dormitory.

  The two of them returned to their previous routine, but the difference was that in order for Yu Chaohui to get to class in the morning, Meng Rui bought an apartment near his school.

  Although it seemed a bit far from Meng Rui's work, it was not a big deal. At least both of them had a good sleep and no longer had to toss and turn to make pancakes.

  And there is another good news. Yu Chaohui's eyesight is getting better and better. He no longer feels any stinging or blurred vision.

  Time passed day by day, and Yu Chaohui's clothes gradually changed from short sleeves to long sleeves and then to a coat. Familiar holiday decorations were slowly seen on the streets again.

  College is different from high school. In high school, teachers will strictly supervise students' studies, including how much homework they have to write every day, how many papers they have to submit, and how many key points they have to memorize.

  But when I got to university, the teachers were obviously not that strict, and the classrooms were not fixed. Sometimes I might not even recognize all the faces of my classmates after a whole semester.