3.9 - Human desires will grow endlessly

"Qinghe...you, how did you get here?" Huo Chulai quickly supported him and carefully brought him back to the bedroom. "Your injuries haven't healed yet... No matter what, wait until you're healed, okay?"

  After saying this, she still felt guilty and didn't look at him.

  Once or twice was fine, but after he changed the subject three times, Shao Qinghe didn't let him change the subject anymore. He pretended not to hear Huo Chu asking him about his afternoon plans. He stared straight into his eyes.

  "The store where I used to work has closed down. Was it you who caused this?"

  Shao Qinghe saw Huo Chulai's expression change slightly, and slowly turned another page of the thread-bound ancient book in his hand. He stared at the words, and did not look at Huo Chulai. "And... the one I saw outside the window when I was in the hospital before... was it you? Um... you took the can of beer that I threw away, right?"

  Every time Shao Qinghe said something, Huo Chulai's expression changed. In fact, this was just the beginning. During the time he was hiding in his house, it was impossible for him to be completely unaware.

  "You ran so fast that day that I didn't have time to ask you..." Shao Qinghe put away the book in his hand, with obvious confusion in his eyes.

  "So... why did you steal my pants? And there's always less water in my cup... The trash in my trash can is always missing, and I even found a strand of your hair on my bed... Don't you want to explain? Hmm?"

  "........."

  A person's gaze can convey emotions. Of course, a person cannot look at the same person he likes and hates in the same way. The subtlety of this cannot be lost on the person being stared at.

  At that time, Shao Qinghe was not only keenly aware of the gazes outside the window peeping at him, but also felt that they were two different groups of people.

  Since that fiery gaze appeared, even the previous surveillance gazes disappeared miraculously. At that time, he already had a guess in his mind, but it was just a guess.

  Until now, after seeing Huo Chulai's expression, Shao Qinghe's guess had become a certainty. He asked the person directly: "Did you solve the first few?"

  "Um..."

  Huo Chulai was much calmer than Shao Qinghe had imagined.

  But it's normal to think about it, after all, he is now the chief officer. No matter how turbulent his emotions are, he has to keep his face expressionless, which is also his most basic professional quality.

  "Because... I adore you."

  Huo Chulai sat opposite Shao Qinghe, his back straight, his hands neatly placed on his knees. Those who didn't know him would think he was reporting his career to his superiors. "Ever since I first met you when I was fifteen, I have always had a crush on you..."

  "............"

  Shao Qinghe actually couldn't remember exactly when he first met Huo Chulai, but listening to his story, he slowly recalled some things from the past. It seemed that when he was thirteen years old, he had achieved a pretty good result in some competition?

  Anyway, it happened to be his birthday, so his parents held a birthday dinner for him.

  To put it nicely, it was a birthday dinner for his son. To put it more bluntly, it was actually a commercial activity for mutual exchange of resources.

  "Do you remember? That was the first time I saw you..."

  To be honest, even though Huo Chulai described the details of that day so clearly, in Shao Qinghe's memory, he still couldn't remember when he had talked to Huo Chulai, and his face at that time was also vague.