【World 4】━━ Skin hunger and thirst (blind man) ━━

4.1 - This is the watershed of Yu Zhaohui's life

  If there must be a watershed in Yu Zhaohui's life, it would definitely be when he was fifteen years old.

  Before he was seventeen, his world was bright. Even though he was just an orphan, he was handsome and had excellent grades. His class teacher also had high hopes for him in the upcoming college entrance examination.

  As long as Yu Zhaohui doesn't perform poorly, he will be able to get into a good university. The college promised him that as long as he can be admitted, they are willing to pay some fees, which he can pay back after he gets a job.

  As long as he gets into a good university, he can get better educational resources. I heard that he can apply for tuition reduction, subsidies, scholarships, etc., and he can also work part-time... It should be no problem.

  In Yu Zhaohui's imagination, he had a clear plan for his future. His life should have been a smooth road, and as long as nothing unexpected happened, it would indeed go as he imagined.

  In the eyes of people around him, this was already a very good path, and it would definitely be Yu Zhaohui's future. However, everything was ruined half a month before his college entrance examination when he was seventeen years old.

  I remember that day was a weekend and the weather in Linjia City was particularly hot in mid-May. Yu Zhaohui had already forgotten what color clothes he was wearing that day and what he went out to buy.

  But he remembered the cause and effect of the incident very clearly. He clearly remembered that he was going to Red Star Square and was reciting words silently all the way when he suddenly heard a loud shout of "Catch the thief!"

  A man in a peaked cap whizzed past him, followed by an old lady with unsteady legs.

  The old lady with white hair was gasping for breath, her hands on her knees, her legs still trembling, and it was obvious that she could not catch up with the young man in front of her.

  The old lady had no choice but to look at the people around her and ask them to help him, while everyone else lowered their heads. Only when his eyes met Yu Zhaohui's, he was visibly moved.

  When Yu Zhaohui heard the old lady crying and shouting that it was the medical bills she had to pay, Yu Zhaohui suddenly remembered his own deceased grandmother, and without thinking, he ran away.

  Before Yu Zhaohui went after the suspect, he clearly told the people watching the show and the bystanders to remember to call the police.

  Afterwards, he thought about it for a long time. He was too young, too passionate, and too impulsive. There were so many adults, tall, short, fat, and thin, but he was the only minor who stood up.

  Before he was seventeen years old, Yu Zhaohui had always been immersed in his own world and had no time to care about anything else except studying. That was his first time to act bravely.

  And that time, he lost his sight.

  The thief who stole the wallet wandered around and entered an alley, and then several tall men appeared from nowhere, probably the thief's accomplices, and surrounded Zhaohui.

  A seventeen-year-old boy was certainly no match for the other adult men. He was beaten so badly that his whole body was in pain and his mouth was full of blood. His blood stained his clean school uniform.

  In a trance, he even heard the sound of bones breaking.

  Yu Zhaohui fainted in the alley due to the pain, but no one found him. When he was found and sent to the hospital the next morning, not to mention the external injuries on his body, his eyes were completely beyond saving.