4.4 - Yu Chaohui's symptoms of dependence became more and more serious

Yu Chaohui felt very guilty. Very guilty.

  Meng Rui tried to guess his psychology. He might feel that he was a useless burden and a nuisance, and that he was a burden to Meng Rui, so he said those words.

  He apologized and said that there was no relationship between them and Meng Rui had no obligation to care about him, but his hands said the opposite of what he said.

  "Zhaohui." Meng Rui felt his chest was suffocating and he couldn't breathe. "...What nonsense are you talking about? How can you bother me?"

  "Your affairs are never troublesome."

  Meng Rui walked forward with Yu Zhaohui, searching his brain for ways to coax him. Fortunately, he had not spent these years in vain. "There is an escalator in front. When I tell you to move, you move your legs. Got it?"

  As the two of them were walking on the escalator, Meng Rui also held Yu Zhaohui's hand tightly: "Besides, you still have the compensation money, have you forgotten?"

  "........."Yu Chaohui didn't say anything, so Meng Rui thought he believed it and started to fool him again.

  In fact... Yu Chaohui knew, he knew everything, and he knew that there was a high probability that he would not be able to get the compensation, at least it would be very difficult in the short term.

  When Yu Chaohui was in Linjia Hospital, the families of those gangsters came to see him. Yu Chaohui couldn't see what they looked like, but he could hear their cries.

  Those gangsters were not very old, the oldest was in his twenties and the youngest was only nineteen. They said that their parents had been working outside for several years and there had been no news from them, so their grandparents had been the only ones raising them since they were young.

  The elderly don't have that much time to take care of the children, and I don't know how they learned bad things from outsiders. After saying so much, in fact, it can be summed up in one sentence: there is no way they can afford so much compensation.

  Yu Zhaohui was blind at the time and was already in a bad mood. He became even more irritated when he heard the noisy noises. He was the one lying on the hospital bed, but in that scene, he seemed to have become a bad guy.

  Yu Zhaohui, who had just woken up and learned that he was blind, lay motionless on the bed, like a lifeless corpse.

  It's not that he couldn't move, but he didn't dare to move. Everything around him seemed like a bottomless abyss to him, and he would fall if he wasn't careful. He didn't understand while listening to the crying in his ears. Why were they begging him to let them go?

  When he first became blind, Yu Chaohui thought that his life would always be dull and dark.

  "Zhaohui, are you listening to me?"

  Meng Rui's voice was beside his ears. He said a lot to him. In short, he didn't think Yu Zhaohui was troublesome and he was willing to take care of him. "Don't think too much, okay?"

  "Um."

  They had just come out of the hospital, and the noisy voices and the heat waves were in their ears. After leaving the air-conditioned room of the hospital, the cold air of the air conditioner and the scorching sun outside formed a strong contrast.

  Yu Chaohui did not answer Meng Rui's question. He stretched out his hand and carefully felt the temperature of the sunlight with his skin. The warmth made him feel a little better.