5.5 - This process took three full months

Song Zhiyuan lowered his eyelashes. Of course, his first reaction to this outrageous story was to not believe it. Who would believe in the words "start over"?

  But... even things like editors that are completely out of this era have appeared, so it seems that rebirth is not so outrageous?

  Song Zhiyuan believed it a little bit in his heart, but he didn't show it. At present, Jiang Yi seemed to have good intentions, which was of course better.

  "How can you prove that what you say is true?"

  He was still very alert. Even though his lips were dry and cracked, he licked them subconsciously and had no intention of drinking the glass of water that Jiang Yi poured for him.

  "I don't know what you are talking about. Besides, this is just your one-sided statement. You said that you gave me something in advance, but how can you prove it?"

  As Song Zhiyuan was talking, he unconsciously changed the subject: "There must be some evidence, right?"

  Jiang Yi silently took out a small black stone from his pocket that was exactly the same as the one Song Zhiyuan had picked up before. "Do you feel anything different?"

  In fact, he didn't need to remind him. The moment he took it out, Song Zhiyuan felt something was wrong, or to put it another way, he felt a long-lost sense of familiarity.

  As if attracted by something, Song Zhiyuan's gaze unconsciously fell on the stone, and the black stone seemed to be summoned by something and began to vibrate slightly.

  "You see...it's responding to you."

  Song Zhiyuan guessed that the black stone in Jiang Yi's hand should be the same as the one he picked up before, but it was split into two later.

  This was not just a guess on his part, but a conclusion drawn from the very matching gap between the two stones.

  Moreover...it didn't seem to be a black stone. It kept changing colors in Jiang Yi's hand, and at the same time, even its shape could be changed at will.

  "I don't know what it is..." Jiang Yi said very honestly, "I didn't know when it appeared at first, but I can be sure of this..."

  "It's part of you."

  "Although I don't know why I am so sure, but the more times I do it, the more certain I am..."

  Jiang Yi handed the stone to Song Zhiyuan, "Try to put it together. This was originally yours. I tried to put it back together a few times before, but I didn't know it was so important. I lost it a few times... I'm sorry..."

  "........."

  Jiang Yi was obviously a little flustered when he saw Song Zhiyuan didn't answer. He seemed to have triggered a switch and moved closer to Song Zhiyuan, trying to get as close to him as possible.

  "I will help you. I really will."

  Jiang Yi might have been overwhelmed by the number of times he had to start over. Sometimes he would have a breakdown. "I will help you this time. I will be very useful..."

  As he spoke, his voice became hoarser and hoarser.

  Song Zhiyuan: "..."

  What is he doing?

  Song Zhiyuan didn't know what he had experienced in those so-called reincarnations that Jiang Yi mentioned.

  He had experienced this over 200 times before, so of course it was impossible for him to tell Song Zhiyuan every detail of what happened each time.