2.13 - Tsk tsk, now you've become more capable and learned to test yourself

Wei Ye returned home a few days earlier than originally scheduled.

  I remember when he just left Xinyang a few years ago, it was still late summer. In my memory, Xinyang was as hot as a huge oven.

  At that time, Pei Songnian was afraid of heat and was reluctant to go out. The two of them stayed in the air-conditioned room almost every day. He was afraid of heat and would occasionally use a headband to pull up his bangs, revealing his smooth forehead, which was completely different from his usual appearance outside. Wei Ye also liked it.

  At that time, he hadn't told Pei Songnian to give it a try, nor had he met his mother. He was completely relying on his thick skin to stay by Pei Songnian's side. Thinking about it now, Pei Songnian was really tolerant of him at that time.

  A few years later, Wei Ye returned to Xinyang. It was already late autumn. Xinyang had changed a lot. The streets were full of swirling yellow leaves. The sun was a little gray. Passersby were wearing coats. His stopping to watch also caused many people to look back.

  The driver asked Wei Ye in a low voice whether he wanted to go back to the company first.

  "No, I have something else to do."

  After returning to China, the first place he went to was the Li River.

  The Li River is not much different from what it was back then, but the difference is that in my memory, it is full of green, with emerald green weeping willows everywhere, winding streams and rivers, and age-old cobblestone roads and long streets and alleys.

  He unknowingly arrived at the building where they filmed that year. He completely relied on his memory to walk up to the third floor and turned left. He didn't intend to disturb anyone, he just wanted to take a look and leave.

  But he went there at a very coincidental time. The original owner was just leaving the house. He was stunned when he saw him, but then he realized, "Oh... is it... Mr. Wei from the TV show back then?"

  It's been seven years, it's rare that I can still remember it.

  Inside was their son who was in elementary school. The hostess said with a smile, "We had just gotten married then, and now we both have a son." She touched her son's head with a smile on her face, and called to her husband inside, "Come out and take a look..."

  Wei Ye smiled awkwardly and exchanged a few polite words with the other party. The family in the middle tried hard to invite him to come in and sit down, but he did not go.

  Wei Ye really had no intention of going to see it. After all, what he missed was not the house, but the little moments he and Pei Songnian had spent together in it.

  Just standing outside and looking at the dark iron door, the past scenes replayed in my mind like an old movie.

  Seven years have passed, and Wei Ye thought he would have forgotten or could not remember it clearly. However, when he thought back, he still remembered it, and every scene was vivid.

  Wei Ye could still remember how he and Pei Songnian had eaten together in the dining room, how they had washed dishes together in the small kitchen, and how they had lay on the sofa in the living room.

  The first time Wei Ye swept the floor in his life was in this house. In the past, he would sit at home and wait for the aunt to clean up, but at that time, he was willing to pick up the broom and clean up the garbage, just for Pei Songnian's indifferent words, "Not bad."

  In that old-fashioned bathroom, the 21-year-old Wei Ye once cornered Pei Songnian and deliberately frightened him with his secrets. Seeing his face turn pale and his eyes evasive, he felt particularly pleased. He pretended to be calm and made three joking requests.