1.13 - You keep it for safekeeping. Don't mention how happy he is..

When Chen Zhao's biological father came to his stall, Jiang Yuan did not recognize him at first.

  He came at the same time that Chen Zhao usually came. But unfortunately, Chen Zhao didn't come to the stall that day.

  It wasn't because he didn't want to, but because something happened on the construction site that day. Chen Zhao had told him in the morning that their boss had gone out to discuss something and was going to invite someone to dinner at their local Mingyue Qingzhai, and he was also going to take him along.

  When he said on the phone that he couldn't come, his tone was very resentful.

  Jiang Yuan even laughed at him: "Hey, why are you unhappy about going to Mingyue Qingzhai for dinner? The food there is much better than what I cook... Just enjoy the feast..."

  "But, but I only want to eat what you cook." Chen Zhao's voice was particularly sincere in the receiver, "I just think your cooking is the best...better than anything else out there..."

  Just these few words made Jiang Yuan's ears red. He was stunned for a long time without saying anything. Soon Chen Zhao added, "I won't come today, and you can't just eat steamed buns. I will come to check in the afternoon..."

  Someone seemed to be calling Chen Zhao on the other end of the phone, and he answered, then said to him, "It will be over once they finish talking. It won't take long..."

  Just because he said it wouldn't take long, Jiang Yuan waited expectantly, and then... Chen Zhao's father appeared.

  At first he didn't know who that was. He just saw a middle-aged man holding a photo and asking everyone something. Jiang Yuan was busy at that time and didn't pay attention until he came to Jiang Yuan and asked.

  The middle-aged man took out a photo from his pocket, and the photo showed Chen Zhao, who was even younger:

  He looked to be about thirteen or fourteen years old in the photo. He looked at the camera with a particularly fierce look, his brows were furrowed, and the corners of his mouth were drooping, as if someone owed him a lot of money.

  "Little brother, do you know him? His name is Chen Zhao, and he is my son..."

  After hearing this, Jiang Yuan looked at the other person's appearance carefully.

  It is indeed a bit similar to Chen Zhao.

  But they both give people completely different feelings.

  Chen Zhao was more casual in his speech and actions, while the middle-aged man seemed a bit reserved. His hair was probably dyed black, with some white at the roots, but it was combed neatly.

  She was well-dressed, with an old-fashioned watch on her wrist and a black patent leather bag tucked between her elbows. She didn't look like someone who would be so low as to ask her son for money, did she?

  He did not directly admit that he knew Chen Zhao, but instead asked him first, "Oh...what do you want to see him about?"

  The middle-aged man might have thought that Jiang Yuan was a friend of Chen Zhao, and he told him openly and secretly that he missed his son, but his son became very rebellious after he was released, and he didn't even call him when he was sick.

  He probably wanted Jiang Yuan to help persuade Chen Zhao, and in an attempt to get close to him he even asked Jiang Yuan how old he was and where he was from.

  And that was when Chen Zhao called.

  Chen Zhao's tone on the phone was particularly happy. He could feel the joy in his tone even through the receiver. The background noise on his end was quite quiet, and he could hear a little faint music.