1.18 - I secretly bring you the biggest and most filling steamed bun...

Chen Zhao's two-day vacation passed quickly.

  On the morning before he went to work, after they washed up together, he helped Jiang Yuan pack his things. Before leaving, he hugged Jiang Yuan and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

  Jiang Yuan leaned against the door and watched him go up the stairs and leave little by little. He waited until the temperature on his face slowly cooled down before he slowly got on the second-hand tricycle and started the journey.

  When I went to the market, the man selling sugar cane hadn't come yet, but there were some leftover sugar cane peels on the ground, probably because he hadn't cleaned them up in the afternoon.

  Their home was relatively close, almost across the street. So he was the one who had been setting up the stall the longest. Every time Jiang Yuan closed up, he was still there, probably because he hadn't cleaned up the stall properly.

  Just like many times before, Jiang Yuan also helped to clean up silently this time.

  Around one o'clock in the afternoon that day, Jiang Yuan met the young man who was dragged by Chen Zhao to deliver something to him last time. The other party was not very old and had just started working. It seemed that he was following Chen Zhao to help him.

  Seeing him wearing slippers, with obvious dark circles under his eyes, and yawning as if he had just woken up, Jiang Yuan curiously asked him if he didn't have to go to work, why was he still outside at this time.

  The young man answered quickly: "No, I will go to Anfeng next month and take a rest these two days. Oh, by the way, I told you, you don't know..."

  In the next ten minutes or so, Jiang Yuan listened to the young man complaining to him about how their industry was most afraid of unfinished projects, and that they would always encounter various problems after working for a few days... and wage arrears were also common.

  There are few jobs available in Linjia, and the requirements are high. You need to know this and that, and the wages are low. But now there is a job in another place, in Anfeng, and the wages are higher than in Linjia.

  When he said this, the young man sighed, "Originally, we wanted Brother Zhao to go, and he said he would go with me, but he said he didn't want to go. I don't know what he was thinking..."

  When Jiang Yuan heard this, his hands suddenly stopped moving.

  The young man also complained about him and planned to leave. He probably thought Jiang Yuan was really a relative of Chen Zhao, and said goodbye to Jiang Yuan before leaving: "My little cousin, I'm leaving first. I have to say that the pickled mustard you made is quite delicious..."

  Jiang Yuan had never been to other cities, so he didn't know if the situation there was the same as in Linjia, but he occasionally heard customers who came to buy vegetables say that wages were higher outside.

  Seeing that the other party was about to leave, Jiang Yuan suddenly called him and asked a question after careful consideration.

  "Ah? It's not easy to find a job for you... but can you cook? The kind of big pot meals? I heard that the project has just started and they have contracted the canteen, so they should be looking for a cook or something like that. But these are usually recommended by acquaintances..."

  The young man suddenly seemed to remember something, "Hey, Brother Zhao has a good relationship with the foreman, why don't you ask your brother to help talk to him... Do you want to go?"

  Jiang Yuan didn't know. He knew that with the condition of his legs, he couldn't do heavy work. He didn't know how to do other technical things. He could only cook some home-cooked dishes. It seemed that he was useless.