1.14 - Actually, I... kissed you that night

Strictly speaking, it wasn't the first time Jiang Yuan went to where Chen Zhao worked. He had been taken there before by Chen Zhao. But the difference was that he was taken there before, but this time he went there on his own initiative.

  It rained a little in Linjia that day, but the rain wasn't particularly heavy, just a drizzle.

  The weather was gloomy and there were fewer people in the market. The few people who occasionally appeared were all holding umbrellas and keeping their heads down. At a glance, the streets were full of colorful mushrooms.

  Since there were not many people around, a few stall owners who were on good terms with each other gathered together to play cards. Jiang Yuan had no interest in those things, and he looked at the raindrops on the edge of the awning like beads falling off a string, and pulled his coat closer.

  If the tricycle had not been modified, Jiang Yuan would probably have to find another place to shelter from the rain, but now he has a large awning that can be opened and closed freely.

  He should have taken a leisurely rest, but Jiang Yuan couldn't sit still. He rolled up steamed buns one by one with gloves on, thinking about something. The closer it got to Chen Zhao's end of work, the more restless he became.

  During this time, he looked at the intersection several times and at his phone several times. Finally, after repeating this action several times, Jiang Yuan closed the stall early.

  He first took the thermos and went to the previous construction site according to his memory of the last time Chen Zhao took him there. But when he got there, they said that Chen Zhao's work on that construction site had been completed and he had moved to a new place and was no longer there.

  Jiang Yuan was stunned for a moment, he had no idea about this. But he did not give up and continued to ask for the address of the new construction site.

  On the way there, he realized that Chen Zhao had been running back and forth from such a far place every day...

  Because he was not very familiar with the terrain there, even though his co-workers on the construction site had enthusiastically told Jiang Yuan where it might be, it took him a long time to finally find the place.

  It was indeed a newly opened construction site, and it was quite deserted. When Jiang Yuan arrived, several men in camouflage uniforms were smoking and resting indoors because they had no work to do due to the rain.

  There were some lunch boxes scattered around their feet. When they heard that he was looking for Chen Zhao, they looked like they wanted to say something, but they didn't. Jiang Yuan didn't pay attention to that at the time, he just asked where he was. Finally, a few younger brothers told him a few places to go.

  "Okay, I understand. Thank you."

  Jiang Yuan dragged his injured leg again, walking around the place they mentioned, one step deep and one step shallow, and finally found him in an abandoned corridor that was half-demolished.

  During the time they spent together, Chen Zhao always had a very good temper in front of him. That was the first time he saw him in such a bad mood that he squatted in the stairwell and smoked.

  When they found Chen Zhao, he was sitting at the top of the stairs. Because the light was shining behind him, Jiang Yuan couldn't see him clearly. He could only see a mountain of cigarette butts in the smoke.

  Chen Zhao was so surprised to see him coming that the cigarette in his hand fell to the ground.

  After his expression went blank for two seconds, he quickly raised his hand and waved it, trying to disperse the smoke in the air so that the smell would be less. "You, why are you here?"