【World 1】━━ A humble speck of dust (Cripple) ━━

1.1 - Useless...

This winter in Linjia is colder than in previous years. Walking on the street, a gust of wind blew by, and I could feel the biting cold through my clothes. Several young girls gathered around the flower bed, not knowing what they were looking at. Passersby would occasionally come over to take a look.

It turned out to be a stray cat curled up in the grass.

Through the gaps between the branches, I could vaguely see a small orange cat. The kitten was not big, at most a month old. It was very thin, so thin that you could almost see its bones, its hair was dirty, and its hind legs might have been injured.

It looked at the outside world vigilantly, and no matter how humans tried to coax it with food, it just refused to come out, looking like it would not listen to anything.

At first, the onlookers had the patience to coax it out, but later, when it didn't come out, they lost their patience and walked away.

After all, it was so cold, and everyone had their own things to do.

The first few girls had to rush to class, so they hurriedly dropped the food and left. Soon the lively flower bed returned to its deserted state.

When Jiang Yuan came over, there was no one in the flower bed. He looked at the food outside and called out softly. "Xiaoju?"

As soon as he finished speaking, a furry cat immediately emerged from the flower bed. As if responding to Jiang Yuan, the kitten meowed quickly, one after another.

"I'm so sorry, I'm late, it must be starving..."

If the passers-by were still there, they would be surprised to see that scene. The kitten that so many people couldn't coax out actually came out quickly after hearing Jiang Yuan's call.

Today I brought soft and mushy fish meat.

It didn't look very good, it was the leftovers from the restaurant, but the seasonings inside had been carefully cleaned, and even the bones were carefully picked out, making it boiled fish meat.

Jiang Yuan was afraid that it would get cold, so he put it in the inner pocket of his clothes. Now the plastic bag was still steaming hot.

"Eat, eat..."

He squatted on the ground and rubbed his hands. The hot air from his mouth formed a long-lasting mist in the air. Jiang Yuan muttered, not knowing whether he was talking to the little stray cat or to himself.

"You are so pitiful. Other kittens have parents, and at the very least, they have loving owners. How come you don't even have a place to shelter from the wind and rain? There are so many bad guys outside. With your legs like this, you can't run or catch mice... What will you do in the future? What's the point of living?"

The skinny cat seemed to understand what Jiang Yuan said. It stopped eating, limped to Jiang Yuan's side, touched Jiang Yuan's hanging hand with its head, and licked the chilblains on his hand.

"Meow——"

The kitten's voice was thin.

Jiang Yuan touched Xiaoju's head and showed a rare faint smile on his face. He hadn't laughed for a long time since his only relative passed away.

It was this laugh that involved the wound on his lips. Oh, he remembered that he still had a wound on his face and couldn't laugh.

"Alas... you don't understand what I'm saying to you. I'm leaving. I'll come to see you in two days..."

After squatting for a while, his legs were numb when he stood up. The tingling sensation from one of his legs almost made him fall.

But Jiang Yuan was used to it. He continued to walk slowly with a calm expression.