Main leads don't always need romance

Why are allos so obsessed with main leads having a romantic love interest to be fulfilled.

"It's just weird he's the only lead that doesn't have a fulfilling ship" that's the issue!!! What, just because everyone else has a romantic ship doesn't mean he needs one too, and guess what we are not talking about the ghost show that consumed my everyday life. I'm talking about descendants. Bc it's been infiltrating my fyp since Rise of Red came out.

This person on TikTok was talking about how it's weird Jay doesn't have a romantic interest that is like endgame which is true, but in D2 he did have Lonnie I think? Anyways some one brought up in the comments not everyone needs a romantic partner to be fulfilled and they responded "it's just weird bc he's one of the main leads and all the others have one"

Like. That right there is why me and fandoms will never be able to co exist peacefully. Just because all the other leads have one, doesn't. Mean. He. Has. To.

I can't even process all my feelings on this it's just kinda a tired frustrated annoyed tired feeling.

I guess call me a hater bc I'm really starting to hate every ship to ever exist 😭 I don't want to im just tired of all the constant need for everyone to ship everyone with someone.

And it's hard when it's two same gender besties because they probably just want rep and I understand that and it's not that I don't like that them headcanoning it or shipping it but I guess I don't like when they get upset when people disagree or think it's homophobic. I do agree some people are homophobic about it and that's wrong. It's just complicated and you guys are probably sick of hearing me talk about this but I keep seeing it pop up.

People will always be universally romantically shipped but never universally shipped platonically unless it's a gay man and a lesbian or something.

But yea. Not everyone needs a love interest and you don't need a love interest to be a main character.

I will never understand why fandoms and people in general are so obsessed with shipping. I know that it's a big part of fandoms and know if I join fandoms I know what to expect but that doesn't mean fandoms should be so over saturated with romance. Even when people give platonic love attention it's almost as if they still don't think it's as important as romance.

I have so many thoughts
Not enough words
I've given up on trying to connect the dots

It'll never be clear to me
It'll never make sense
But this is how it'll always be

Just a little poem that came to me randomly just now. Anyways that's all I have to say so thank you for listening. Happy August. Fun fact, august first is girlfriends day which most people assume it means romantically but apparently the lady who invented it in 2004 made the day to honor her friends. It was common for girls to call their friends who were girls their girlfriends.

Anyways thanks for listening I hope you all have a great day/night. Best wishes, take care 💚💜