Should've said no (part 1) (the party)

Lou and Erin had been talking non-stop about a party that you were all invited. You were excited at first and said that you were going, but as the date was approaching and your friends were talking about outfits, you were getting anxious.

On Wednesday, Erin said that later that day she was going to send some pictures of the options of the outfits she was planning on wearing, because she wanted you to tell her which one looked better. Lou then said that it was a good idea and said that she might do the same, then they asked if you wanted you to do it too and you accepted. When you got home you ate your snack, you did homework and then opened your closet to take a look. Erin and Lou had already sent some pictures of what they were planning: tops, crop tops, skinny jeans, black leggings, oversized jeans, cargo jeans... you took out some black oversized jeans, some light cargo jeans, a black strapless top, a dark red crop top and a black crop top with side cut outs. You took pictures of them, and they replied saying that you should try everything on and take pictures so that they could see how everything looked on you. You tried the light cargo jeans and the strapless top first, took a picture and sent it, but then started to fixate on your body. You were body checking obsessively when Taylor knocked on your door and came in.

- "What are you doing? You look beautiful!" The blonde said.

- "I don't!" You said frustrated.

- "You do! I love that outfit!" Taylor said looking at your bed, where the other jeans and tops were lying. - "Oh! Are you trying clothes for your Friday party?" She sat on your bed.

- "I look fat" you said pinching your stomach.

- "You don't look fat! You look so pretty! Stop pinching yourself. You already tried these?" Taylor pointed at the stuff on your bed.

- "No. I haven't tried them on. But I'm not sure of going to that party now" you sat on the floor backwards to Taylor and facing the mirror.

- "Why? No! You should go. You are going to have fun!"

- "I hate myself. I feel so uncomfortable right now and I've worn this for less than ten minutes. I'm not going to survive the party"

Taylor stood up, sat in front on you and turned you around so that you were facing her. - "Stop. That's not Lizzie talking, Lizzie was the one that accepted the invitation weeks ago, the one that was excited and that decided to try these outfits and send pictures to her friends. The one that's saying that she hates herself, that she looks fat and that won't survive the party is sick Lizzie, anxiety and anorexia. Don't listen to that side, please! Tell me everything that's going through your mind"

- "It's just... last year my friends got to know many people through friends of friends and parties that they were invited to. I didn't, because I was in hospital and inpatient in the clinic... so I'm anxious because I'm only invited because I'm Lou's and Erin's friend, but I fear that I'm gonna feel awkward and out of place. On the other hand, I'm feeling really uncomfortable with my healthy body... what if I go there, everyone thinks that I'm fat and boring and no one wants to talk to me?"

- "That won't happen baby, because you're not fat and you're not boring. You're a very interesting person, but you need to talk in order for people to get to know that. I get that you're nervous, but you're going to be fine. You need to wear something that you like and that makes you feel comfortable and beautiful, that's the most important thing. We can look in here or maybe we could buy something tomorrow if you want to. I just want you to feel okay"

- "Thanks Tay... I guess I could try this other outfit and see how it feels, I don't think that buying something new is necessary"

- "Good. Try the other stuff on and then we can decide" Taylor said standing up and helping you stand up too. You tried the clothes on, and Taylor helped you to avoid fixating too much on how you looked in the mirror and focus more on how you felt. She would allow you to stare in the mirror for 30 seconds, before turning you around and then you would talk about how you felt. It worked and you decided that you were going to wear the black oversized jeans and the dark red crop top. Lou and Erin said that you looked gorgeous, and they loved the outfit. Now you just had to wait until Friday, you invited your friends over and you were all getting ready, then Taylor was driving you.