Cry

Summary: Santana is baby sitting Beth when she finds out that her abuela died. Beth comforts her.

Santana sat on the bed and cried. Her abuela had passed away and Santana hadn't been able to say her last goodbye.
"Auntie Tana." 4 year old Beth was standing at the doorway. Santana quickly wiped her tears away.
"Yes?"
"Why are you crying?" Beth crawled onto the bed.
"I'm not crying." She lied. Beth frowned
"Mommy said it's okay to cry and be sad. She said sometimes people just need to cry and that so they can feel better." Beth held Santana's hand. "It's okay, Auntie Tana. You can cry."
That was all it took. She let out a muffled sob and the tears began to rush down her face. Beth hugged her. Santana laughed at the irony. The adult should be the one comforting the child, not the other way around.
Once she was done crying, she kissed Beth in the forehead.
"Do you feel better, Aunt Tana?"
"Yeah, I do." She truly felt a lot better. There would still be nights where she would cry, but she was feeling a lot more calm.
Santana never would of thought that she would learn a lesson from a four year old. Maybe just maybe she should start listening to the four year old more often.

Just a short one shot. Merry Christmas! Love y'all.
~LintheskywithDiamonds 💎🌟💫