In the Dark

Summary: Songfic: In the Dark by Camila Cabello

Quinn knew Santana very well.
She knew what her favorite food was. She knew that her guilty pleasure was watching cheesy romance movies. That she cried every time they watched Lion King and The Land Before Time. She held her when she reached her breaking point and helped her put the pieces back together afterwards.
She knew Santana very well. No one could deny that.

Blank stares, faithless
Vampires at the same places
Shadows, traces
I know that you feel me you're

Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Making the rounds with all your fake friends
Runnin', runnin' away from it
You can strip down without showing skin, I

I can see you're scared of your emotions
I can see you're hoping you're not hopeless
So why can't you show me? Why can't you show me?
I can see you're looking for distractions
I can see you're tired of the acting
So why can't you show me?
Who are you in the dark? (I, I)
Show me the scary parts (I, I)
Who are you when it's 3 AM and you're all alone
And L.A. doesn't feel like home?
I, I, I
Who are you in the dark?

She wasn't one to any emotion besides anger. Well, not in public. Crying was weak. Anger was not. Anger, if used correctly, can make people fear her. She liked that. She's rather have people be scared of her than walk over her.
Santana had lots of people follow her, but none of the were friends. They were there for the status. Who wouldn't want to be friends with an A-list celebrity? She didn't need friends. She needed followers.

Plus one, guest list
But you don't even know what her name is
Secrets, endless
I know that you feel me you're

Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Making the rounds with all your fake friends
Runnin', runnin' away from it
You can strip down without showing skin, I

I can see you're scared of your emotions
I can see you're hoping you're not hopeless
So why can't you show me? Why can't you show me?
I can see you're looking for distractions
I can see you're tired of the acting
So why can't you show me?
Who are you in the dark? (I, I)
Show me the scary parts (I, I)
Who are you when it's 3 AM and you're all alone
And L.A. doesn't feel like home?
I, I, I
Who are you in the dark?

Santana had the reputation of being a womanizer. She went out clubbing, found a girl, slept with her and was gone by sunrise. Sex was better without feelings. Feelings meant risking being hurt and that wasn't a risk she was willing to take.
Quinn saw her in her rawest form. Tears streaming down her face and at her lowest. When her guard was down. When she wanted nothing more than a hug. When she wanted to find comfort in her home. A home she didn't have in LA not in Lima. She was there to make it better. She always would be.
Quinn was her home. The place she felt the safest. The person she could trust.
"It'll be okay, San. You'll be okay." She always knew what to say. She always knew just how to touch her so she didn't feel alone anymore.

Darling, come on and let me in
Darling, all of the strangers are gone
They're gone
I said "Darling, come on and let me see"
Darling, I promise that I won't run
So tell me

Who are you in the dark? (I, I)
Show me the scary parts (I, I)
Who are you when it's 3 AM
And you're all alone (and you're all alone)
And L.A. doesn't feel like home?
No I, I, I
Who are you in the dark?

Whenever Santana needed her, she was there. She was there when all she wanted to purge so she could feel in control again.
Had it been anyone else, they would have been scared. Santana couldn't be very unstable sometimes. Not her. She had been around too long. She was too attached.
She knows Santana too well. The Santana that no one else knows. She knows who Santana is in the dark. Quinn would be there. Time and time again, to pick up the pieces.

Hey guys! The first time I listened to this song I immediately thought of Santana. I knew I had to write about it.
I'm currently in love with Camila's album. I think I might write a couple more based off the songs.
I know I haven't been very active. School, ya know? I'm graduating high school in a couple of weeks. I'm getting ready to go to a university. It gets hectic with all that going on. I hope that I'll have plenty of time to write during the summer.
Let me know what you think! Have an amazing day!
~LintheskywithDiamonds💎🌟💫