Somthing's Gotta Give

Summary: Songfic: Something's gotta give by Camila Cabello

Loving you, I thought I couldn't get no higher
Your November rain could set night on fire, night on fire
But we could only burn so long
Counterfeit emotions only run skin deep
Know you're lying when you're lying next to me, next to me
How did we get so far gone?
I should know by now, you should know by now
We should know by now

Santana loved Quinn. Santana hated Quinn. Whenever she was with her she couldn't stop crying.
They had been together for 4 years. 4 years of mixed feelings. They didn't see each other very much. Quinn was busy getting her master's degree in psychology. Santana was working and pursuing her singing career and acting career. Their schedules often clashed.
Their love was fiery. The sex was like nothing else she had ever experienced. They ripped each other's clothes off and were desperate to lay together.
When they weren't having sex they were fighting. Fighting over the smallest of things. It was truly miserable.
They laid in bed afterwards. Quinn fast asleep while Santana stared at the wall. She knew the blonde was sleeping with someone else. She had known for a while now. Quinn knew that she knew and she continued to do it. She knew Santana would always be at her feet. She was at her beck and call. She was at her disposal. No matter what she did Santana would always stay with her.
Santana wanted to leave. She could never do so. Something kept her coming back.

I have never heard a silence quite so loud
I walk in the room and you don't make a sound, make a sound
You're good at making me feel small
If it doesn't hurt me, why do I still cry?
If it didn't kill me, then I'm half alive
How did we get so far gone?
I should know by now, you should know by now
We should know by now

Their relationship had been falling apart for quite some time. They would rarely even talk to each other. They would just sit in uncomfortable silence.
Quinn could be mean when she was drunk. She was an angry drunk after all. In reality, she was just saying everything she couldn't say when she was sober. Alcohol makes people honest. This was what she truly felt.
"You know, I could find someone much more prettier than you. I could find someone much more smarter than you. Someone worth a lot more than you."
"I know." She looked down at her feet. Why did she keep her around? Why couldn't she just let her go?
When did it get so bad? She needed to get out. This was going to be the death of her.

I should know by now, you should know by now
I think I'm breaking right now
I should know by now, you should know by now
I think I'm breaking right now
Something's gotta give, something's gotta break
But all I do is give and all you do is take
Something's gotta change, no I know that it won't
No reason to stay, is a good reason to go
Is a good reason to go
Something's gotta give

She paced around her apartment. She couldn't take it anymore. She had to go and it had to be now. She put in all her effort and Quinn put none.
She was tired. Tired of receiving nothing in return. Tired of everything. She needed a fresh start. She needed to get away and heal.
She packed her bags and left. She left nothing behind. Quinn didn't deserve explanations. She didn't deserve anything from her.

After a million years I finally update. Sorry I went ghost on y'all. A lot of has been going on the past two months.
First and foremost, I graduated!! 👩‍🎓🎓🎉 After four long years I've made it out of hell!! On to college which is even more agony. Wish me luck.
Second, I got a summer job. That leaves me with very little time to write.
Anyways, here's the update! Unfortunately, it's another sad one. Another song fic. Can y'all tell that I like Camila's album? Updates will be sporadic, but I promise that I will continue writing one shots! Best wishes!
~LintheskywithDiamonds💎🌟💫