Amelia

a/n
a quick commercial break from utter devastation I have brought you all to tell you to go read @icepath88 's shit. she's my awesome friend of four years now so listen to me when I say she writes, like, awesome.
that is all
back to the heartbreak
----------------------------------------
If I ever had a chance to give a dictionary definition of betrayal, that moment would be it.
It wasn't like all hell broke loose or anything. There wasn't screaming or sobbing. Just silence.
Utter silence.
Which I later found vaguely impressive considering we were three high school girls in a room.
Alice finally stepped towards me. "Amelia, please-"
"Stop, just stop! I don't care." I backed up against my wall. "It's bad enough that you got together with my fucking cousin! You can at least go somewhere else before you make-out in the middle of.. of our room!"
Alice looked like she was about to cry. Her face had turned completely pale and her eyes were huge. Fran just stood behind her and stared at the floor, not even trying to argue.
All I wanted to do was run away and never come back.
But now we were living together.
"Ameli-" she paused, eyes slowly making their way to the floor. Her face immediately went blank when she saw the journal. "What the hell is that?"
"Your goddamn book," I snapped, picking it up and shoving it at her.
Alice traced the unicorn on the cover. It smiled mockingly up at us. "You lied to me," she said softly. "You said you didn't have it. You said you never took it."
My stomach hurt so bad. I wanted to throw up. The room was spinning, and I couldn't catch my breath. "I didn't... I never..."
She flipped through the pages, still acting like she was in shock. "You fucking dogearred them. You... I can't..." Alice looked up in horror. "You know everything about me."
I hugged myself tight. "You obviously lied though."
"Lied?"
"You said you loved me!" I blurted out without thinking. Alice's eyes grew bigger. I could almost see my reflection in her irises. "And now you're screwing Francine? My fucking cousin?"
Fran held her hands up as if to try and calm me down. "Amelia, please-"
I pointed my finger at her, totally stopping her words in their track. "You. Don't ever talk to me again."
Fran looked slightly distressed, and she hung her head.
Alice's grip on her book was so tight that her knuckles were turning white. "What did you say about me?" she whispered.
"You said you loved me," I repeated. "But this is all probably a setup, isn't it? Someone told you how I felt and you wrote all of that bullshit to fuck with my head?"
Alice looked bewildered and furious at the same time, if that was even humanly possible. "What the hell are you talking about? What feelings do you have, Amelia?"
"I-" My throat felt so tight that I couldn't finish my sentence.
I love you.
I'm so in love with you.
I want to be with you.
I've always wanted to be with you.
"It doesn't matter," I rushed, turning on my heel and rushing out of my room.
Our room.
Oh, no.
I stopped at the door.
"Amelia, please, this is all a misunderstanding," Alice pleaded.
I gripped the doorframe tight, my fingers aching from the strain I was putting on them. "Just..."
I turned to look back at her.
Her green eyes were filled with so much emotion, and her face was contorted in a mixture of feelings.
My chest ached.
That feeling of hatred that had been buried so long ago resurfaced, fuelling the energy to keep on going when the only girl I'd ever loved had back stabbed me mercilessly.
"Move your shit in here and don't talk to me," I said. "Go ahead and make out with your goddamn girlfriend while you're at it." And with that I left, slamming the door shut behind me.