Rest Easy

The party wagon pulled up in front of April's farm house. Just as the vehicle stopped, Donnie and Raph jumped out of the car, carrying Leo inside, to the bathroom. They placed him in the tub, filling it up a little so he would stay hydrated. April lead Mikey to a guest room, with f/c walls and a bed. Mikey laid you down with care, pulling a thin blanket up to your shoulders.

"Don't worry, Mikey. Y/n's tough. She'll be alright." April assures the orange clad turtle, who in return, sighs sadly.

April leaves, and Mikey takes one more glace at you before leaving, closing the door behind him.

Raph stays with Leo most of the time, while Mikey and Donnie take turns sitting with you. The rare times that Raph is with you consists of him holding your hand and begging you to wake up. When Mikey is with you, he tells you what he did that day, and what he discovered. Donnie explains his new inventions, mostly the mutagen medicine he's making Leonardo. 

You listen to every word.

»[Two Months Later]«

Mikey had just sat down to watch his new favorite show, Conan the Barbarian, when Raphaels excited shouts made everyone run up to the bathroom. Leo was finally awake, and Raph was smiling like it was Christmas. Mikey cheered and hugged his eldest brother, who responded with many "ow's". Donnie and Raph helped him out of the bathtub, and they brought him downstairs.

"I can't believe it, it's really been two months?" Leo speaks with disbelief, sitting on the couch.

"Yup. You were beaten to a pulp." Raph chuckles, nudging his brothers shoulder. Donnie examines Leo, and gives him the mutagen medicine. He drinks it before coughing in disgust.

"So, where's Y/n? I'd like to see her." Leo questions after he recovers, looking around, expecting you to run in at any moment. Everyone's eyes cast downward, and Leo's brothers help him upstairs. They stop at the white door, and Leo frowns in confusion.

"Shouldn't we knock?" He asks as Raph reaches for the doorknob, his voice growing unsteady. 

-She's fine. Probably asleep.. taking a short nap. Y/n is absolutely fine.- Leonardo assures himself mentally, trying to block his worst-case-scenario thoughts.

Raph slowly opens the door, moving with a long, ear splitting creak, almost like a high pitched whine.

You lay on the f/c bed, with a thin blanket over you. Your right hand is over the blanket, with a chair beside you. Leo sits in that chair, lost in a horrified trace. When he snaps out of it, he grips your hand, his eyes glossed over with unshed tears. 

"How'd this happen?" Leo speaks with a hoarse voice.

His brothers recall the story in low voices, threatening to crack. Leo can tell they all blame themselves in one way or another. 
When they finish, they expect Leo to tell them what they should have done to prevent this, to scold them and point out their errors, but he doesn't. He just holds your hand to his forehead, with a small, sad smile.

"She was always so stubborn. Always had to take action, be the little trooper.." Leo lets out a suppressed sigh, his chest feeling like a thousand pounds were sitting on it.

"C-could I have a minute?" He asks, looking to his brothers. They nod and leave the room, closing the door behind them. 

Leo takes a moment to study you. Your hair was a little messy, but not in a bad way. You had a few bruises on you, that Leo could see at the time, although he was sure there were more, which brought more weight to his chest. You wore the same clothes from two months ago, a simple grey sweater and jeans. Your left sleeve was ripped, and your jeans where probably scuffed up.

Leo bit his lip as he thought of what to say.

"I- um.. gosh. How do I start this," Leo breathes in and out, then continues. "I woke up," he chuckles, "after two whole months I finally woke up. A-and.. I'm c-counting on you to do the same. And to not take as long." Leo rests his head on your hand, ignoring his sore and aching muscles.
"Please, Y/n. Wake up.. soon. You're scaring us a little. Open those eyes. We need you."

After a few moments of silence, Leo reluctantly stands and gives your hand a light squeeze before leaving. His hand releases yours slowly, remaining in contact until the very last second. Then he opens the door, wincing at the creak, and his own pain. He looks at you once more, and smiles.

"Rest easy, my little Princess."

»»[One day later]««

Raph's gone missing, so April, Casey, Donnie and Mikey go out to search, while Leo stays behind.

He hangs outside, practicing, when April stumbles out of the woods.

"Huh, April?" Leo remarks, stepping closer. She looks up, a bit groggy, and panic takes hold of her.

"LEO!" She cries as she's dragged back into the woods. Leo gasps and stumbles forward, his leg causing him trouble, and making him fall.

"APRIL!" He calls after his friend, but there's no response.
His breathing is labored, and he realizes that it's up to him. The currently useless leader.

He runs inside as fast as he can, and upstairs to your room.

"Y-Y/n, ok.. ok. Calm. Breathe," he says to himself, and fixes your blanket, smoothing it down.
"I gotta go save my brothers, so.. I'll be gone. The house will be empty. You'll be fine, I'm sure. Ok. Bye Princess." Leo squeezes your hand. Without thinking, he gives you a light peck on the head, and rushes out.

You hear the door close. His footsteps grow fainter with every step. You want to leap up, run out and hug him, wish him luck, let him know you're here for him. But you can't. All your attempts to move fail. You can't feel your limps, face, everything is numb. You can only listen, silently be there, silently support.

-Please, please be safe, Leo..- You think, as that's all you can do at the moment.

»»»»

When you hear people return, your heart leaps for joy. You wait patiently, and soon enough, Mikey comes in and gives you a gentle hug.

"Y/n! You won't believe what happened today!" He begins. The creak of the chair tells you he's sitting next to you.

-I think I will Mikey..- You think to yourself as Mikey spins his tale.