Grey Clouds..

"I'm so cold.. There isn't enough blankets in the world to warm me.. to warm my soul."

Silence answered you while you paused. Wincing, you spoke through gritted teeth.

"It's rotting from the inside out. If he had tried harder, maybe I'd still be his.. What was it?"

You growled as you remembered the name. Truth be told, you never forgot it. Simply tucked it away in false hate.

"His princess."

~~•~~

The sun was bright that day, the thought of danger was almost nonexistent. All your thoughts revolved around how happy you felt to be Leo's Princess. He was an absolute sweetheart. He kissed your cheek every morning before you ate breakfast, he'd compliment you even if you were wearing nothing more than a stained T-shirt and ragged old jeans.
Leo really loved you, and you really loved him.

And on that bright, sunny, cloudless day, you were grocery shopping alone. You had assured April you didn't need help, and you were sure of it yourself. As you bought ingredients for pizza, several tubs of ice cream and other necessities, you felt you were being watched. Of course, you shrugged it off as the cameras because you felt invincible and stronger than ever. All because of love. Mere moments later was when the trouble started.

You walked out of the grocery store with bags full of food, heading to the Lair. Your eyes wandered around your busy surroundings, not expecting to find much. When you saw six red bug-like eyes, your face drained of color.

-Foot Bots.- You realized. With this new threat in the light, you decide to hurry to the Lair. You stayed deep in the crowds until an alleyway could be seen with a cover. Just to be safe, you pulled up Leo's number and called him, biting on the inside of your cheek as it rang. You put your phone on speaker as you ran for the alleyway. Only a few steps away from the cover, a large, inhuman, grey hand clamped over your mouth, silencing your screams.

"Well, I'll give the freak this much, he knows how to pick the girls," you heard a male, high pitched voice remark. Your eyes narrowed as you looked to your left.

-Bebop. So the giant hand covering my mouth must be Rocksteady..-

"Mmmhhppffmmmm!" You growl under Rocksteady's hand. When I get out of this, you're both dead.

"What's that, Princess? I can't here you!" Bebop snorted as your eyes widen in shock when he used Leo's nickname for you. There was no way he could know that. Leo rarely uses that nickname in front of his brothers, and never around Splinter. How could they know?

"Can we go now? I am getting the hungries." Rocksteady groaned in his thick Russian accent, his hand growing sweaty over your mouth.

-Gross..- You thought with a disgusted look on your face.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Master Shredder wants to see what the first one's like, anyway! Let's go." Bebop heads for their van when a voice you needed to hear right then shouts from your phone.

"Y/N! I HEARD EVERYTHING! I'M COMING TO GET YOU RIGHT NOW! HANG IN THERE PRINCESS!" Leo shouted, his voice echoing in the alleyway.