Nightmares

"Y/n... look at us."

Your vision is blurred by your tears, the blazing fire below reminding you not to loosen your grip. Your pants are ripped and dirty, your tank top is missing a strap, and your entire body is sore.

You look down at the Turtles, holding on to the railing that you're preventing from falling into the fire.

"Please, don't do it." You beg them, not caring that your voice cracks more than once, that your ears are screaming, along with every muscle in your body.

"Y/n, if we don't, you'll come down with us." Leo remarks, trying his best to look brave for you.

"Y/n, we have to let go." Donnie speaks, his chestnut brown eyes brimming with tears.

"No. No, I won't let you. I can't let you. Please.." you sob.

"Y/n, we love you." Mikey sends you a teary smile, his grip growing weaker, along with his brothers.

"More than you know." Raph adds, sniffing.

"No, don't do this to me. Please. L-Leo, try to put out the fire! Raph, t-take it under control! Donnie, make a-an earth bridge! Mikey, lift us u-up, out of h-here!"

"Y/n, the Kraang took our powers. We're, sort of normal now." Leo reminds you.

"W-well, I have to do something!" You choke out.

"I'm afraid you can't do anything this time." Leo replies, and with a sad smile, they let go if the railing.

The sudden decrease of weight makes you fall back, and your head whips back, hitting the concrete wall. Warm blood trickles down the back of your neck, but you don't notice as you scramble forward, peering over the edge of the walkway, managing to see the silhouettes of your four friends being swallowed by the fire.

You scream for them, but nothing comes out. You sob violently, but hear nothing. Your heart shatters, and you feel numb.

»»»»

"Y/n. Y/n! Y/n, wake up!" Leo shakes your shoulders, but you don't respond. He places his hand over your forehead, but you feel fine.

"Well?" Raph inquires from the doorway, with Mikey next to him, holding a bag of chips.

"She's out cold. So's Donnie. I don't know what's going on." Leo sighs, staring at you.

"I'll bet she's just tired. Did you see her and April training?" Mikey remarks, walking away while munching on his chips. Raph shrugs and follows Mikey. Leo looks back at you, and brushes some hair from your face.

"Sleep well, Princess." Leo smiles, and leaves.

»»»»

You run down the stairs, almost tripping, and jump the last four steps, heading for the Turtles, or at least, where you think they landed.

You skid to a halt, standing before an enormous pile of rubble. The flames around you have died down, but still linger, their heat beating on your face, causing beads of sweat to line your brow. You wipe your sweaty palms on your dirty jeans, and begin to move a smoldering plank, hissing when your hands scream with pain. You ignore it and continue, repeatedly burning your hands on flaming boards, cutting them on jagged rocks and chunks of concrete. You move an especially large rock, uncovering a dark green hand.

"Raph.." you gasp, and work faster, until all four turtles are uncovered completely. You pull them out more, and tear up when you see the giant scratches, bruises and gashes littering their bodies.