Apologies

Raph didn't visit often. Why should he? Talking isn't really his thing, and he's focused on getting everyone in shape. He's the last individual you expect to sit with you.

So imagine your surprise when you hear someone enter, sit in the chair and clear his throat, speaking in that low voice, which belongs to Raphael.

"Uh.. h-hi Y/n," you hear him shift in his chair. "Leo made me come up here. I would've come... later.. after we trained."

There's a long silence, then he speaks again.
"We, uh.. we cleaned today. And came across the door for the basement. We didn't even know we had a basement!" He chuckles.
"I-I'm sorry I haven't come up more often. Talking, like this.. it's too close to.. when I had Spike." He sighs heavily.

-Spike? Who's Spike? He didn't tell me about a Spike!-

"I haven't told you about him. He was my pet tortoise. Then.. then he was mutated."

-Oooh..-

"I'm gonna come up more, I promise. But, first I have'ta tell ya about what happened today. So.. We found the basement, which had, get this, a Kraang spaceship in it!--"

Raph told you about April's mom, how Mikey was acting weird, and promised to tell you more about Spike tomorrow. From what Raph told you, you suspected something was up, like Mikey seemed to.

-Everyday, they find something else that causes trouble. The Thing, Big Foot, now this! Ugh.. when I wake up, I'm gonna talk some common sense into them. Staying away from freaky things..-

»»»»

A while later, you hear lasers outside.
Your only guess?

You and Mikey were right.

You feel so useless! They're out there risking their lives, fighting, and you're here, stuck on this stupid bed, healing of all things. You could do that later!

You try to focus, try to move something, anything. And.. you do.
After two months and six days, you're able to wiggle your fingers.

Shouts can be heard outside, and the lasers grow louder.

You grip the sheets, slightly happy you can feel, but extremely worried about the Turtles.

They're close. You can tell because you can hear them grunt when they dodge stuff.

"Don't let it get too close! Hey! Big ugly! Over here! Yeah, there you go. Away from Y/n and the house." You hear Raph yell over the lasers.

-Ugghh! I feel so useless. I want to help!- You mentally groan.

You strain to move again, to unclench the sheets. You barely move one finger when the silence catches your attention.

-Where are the lasers?- You wonder.

"Y/n!" Raph bursts in, panting heavily, "We had to fight April's freaky monster mom. Of course we won, and now we gotta clean up."

He kisses the side of your head, and you hear the floorboards creak as he leaves.

It's almost too much. You're sick of the dark. You're sick of not being able to do anything. You want to see again, to speak, to hug your friends.

And, for the first time since you've arrived here, you cry. Your tears slip away, down your cheeks, and on your pillow.
You cry, silently, and hope that your tears won't be for nothing. And you pray that you'll be able to see your tears again.

One of my pet peeves is when I have a short chapter. I try to get myself to write at least 1000 words. This has 549 words. Oh well. Enjoy!