Chapter 17

3 weeks later

SAMMIE POV;

Demi and I kinda got into a huge fight 2 weeks ago. Maybe some things are too perfect to be real.

Let me tell you about the fight.

Demi went to take a long bath to just be alone and think. While she was bathing I got her phone because I wanted to post something on her instagram, till she got that one message.

"I'm still in love with you too."

I opened it and read their conversation. How could she do this? How could she ever hurt me like this?

The iMessage convo between Demi and Wilmer:
D: Wilmer..
W: Demi what's up?
D: I feel like I need to tell you something.
W: Then tell me.
D: I don't want to upset you or anyone nearby me, especially not Sammie but I can't control my feelings and it's driving me crazy.
D: I'm still in love with you.
W: I'm still in love with you too.

From that moment we started fighting. We haven't broken up but we're having a real life crisis.

I was just watching tv when she walked into the bedroom. Yes, we still share a bedroom but we don't say a word. And yes, we're at a hotel in New York at the moment.

"Sammie can you shut the volume down I'm trying to get some fucking sleep." She said. It's the first thing she has said to me in nearly 2 weeks.

"You know Demi, from now on I won't be a bother to you anymore. From now on you can do whatever you want. From now on, I won't be in your way." I said and walked to the dressing room.

I locked the door and grabbed all my stuff. I tooo my clothes, bathroom stuff, pillow, stuffed animals, everything you could possibly think of.

Messages:
///To Mom///
"I'm taking the first flight to Los Angeles. Can I stay with you for a little? I'll explain later. I love you mom. See you tomorrow."

I took my stuff and made my way to the bedroom to see Demi fast asleep, not surprising. I decided to leave a note so she won't be too worried, if she would even be.

"You got what you want. I'm leaving. Hope to see you ever again though. I'll never stop loving you. Maybe we just need some time alone.

Sam."

I left the note and walked outside. I already called a taxi to pick me up.

Once I arrived at the airport I got myself a ticket from New York to Los Angeles. I still had to wait 20 minutes before I could leave so I went into starbucks for wifi.

Messages:
---From Mom---
"Are you okay? Does Demi know about this? I'll pick you up from the airport, text me the time you're landing. I love you too. Stay safe."

///To Mom///
"Demi knows. I'm landing at 8AM tomorrow. Thanks."

I locked my phone and walked into my flight after 15 minutes of waiting.

This was gonna be a long flight.

At the LAX airport

"Hey baby." Marissa walked upto me and gave me a big bear hug as she always does. I love it.

I feel safe when I'm with her. Like I can do anything on my own as long as she's there. She's my role model.

"Hey mom. Thanks for picking me up." I said back.

We walked to her car and I quickly checked my phone.

Messages
---From Demi---
"What the actual fuck."

---From Demi---
"How could you leave me like this whilst I'm asleep?"

///To Demi///
"How could you fall asleep like that right after I said what I said."

I locked my phone and got in. Sigh.

"So tell me. What happened?" Marissa asked.

"We got into a fight. 2 weeks ago. She's still in love with Wilmer. She hasn't said anything to me in nearly 2 weeks. Yesterday she did, she told me to shut the volume of the TV so that she could sleep and I basically couldn't handle it anymore so I wrote her a note and left." I said.

"She is in love with Wilmer? Jesus Sam I'm so sorry. What about a lady day? Movies, food, masks, wine, nails, make up? What do you think girl?"

"That's settled." I said.

Once we got at her home, our home, I got my stuff inside and walked around. It's funny how I've never been in my mom's house.

After 10 minutes Marissa showed me my bedroom. She made this room for me just incase I ever wanted to come live with her.

The walls are dark red, my favorite colour. The bed it black and the closet is white. It's small but loving. She hung up pictures of our memories together. From the moment that we met, to today the day.

I put my clothes in the closet and my stuff around the room, then walked back downstairs. It's already 12PM.

As I walked down backstairs I smelled muffins, nailpolish and something strange.

"This is amazing mom. Thank you." I said once I came downstairs.

I left my phone upstairs because Demi kept trying to call me. I just want to have a great day.

"Can I do your nails? I promise I'm a pro." Marissa said and I just nodded and laughed. "Sure."

She painted my nails dark green. It fits mostly with white and light pink clothes, which are basic clothes, basic is me.

"It looks great. Now it's my turn to do yours. Just don't expect too much from it." I laughed.

I took her some fake nails because her nails are like super short. I put them on her nails and painted them baby blue. She loves this colour.

We spend the day like this. Doing our nails and make up, making vlogs and selfies. Baking stuff, watching series.

I had a lot of fun. Now it's time for dinner. She has made chicken salad, our favorite.

We sat down and put on some music.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

"It's delicious. Thank you." I said. "I'm just gonna get my phone wait a second. I want to post our selfies." I ran upstairs to my new room and grabbed my phone. 8 missed calls and 23 new messages. Demi.

I decided not to open it and run downstairs again.

"Hey mom can u send me all the pictures?"

"I already did honey." She said and continued her food. "Did Demi say anything?"

"Well I've got 8 missed calls from her and 23 messages but the messages turned out to be our pictures." I smiled.

I opened the pictures and picked out the best ones.

"@SammieCallahan: Lady day with my mom. She's the most important person in my life. Thank you @MarissaCallahan."

I posted the picture where we are in our onesies with lipstick all over our faces and socks till our knees. It's quite a funny picture.

Once we were done with dinner we cleaned up and sat down on the couch.

"You know, today was fun. Thank you, you really made me forget about everything and just caused me a fun time." I thanked her.

"No problem babygirl. I'm not just your mom I'm also your best friend. Never forget that."

I love her to death. I have always admired her, when I used to know her as in Demi Lovato's best friend Marissa. Turns out she's my mom. I still can't believe it. Big small world.

We turned Finding Dory and took some popcorn. Demi kept calling and texting.

---From Demi---
"If you don't answer this, we're over."

----------------------------------------------
06.07.16