Chapter 94

SAMMIE POV:

"Demi, do you want to adopt Robin?" I asked her.

"Jesus Sam. This isn't just something. I have, we have, to think about this for a bit longer." Demi said. I was already expecting this reaction because it's really just how I felt at first.

I feel like we should adopt her. It's really just all of the sudden and we don't know each other that well but if we don't decide anytime soon, she'll be put into foster homes and I don't want her to.

Don't get me wrong. Foster homes can be okay. It's just, you don't have a real family there. At least, when it comes to things I've heard. Once someone adopts you, you have to start all over again with a new family you don't know anything about.

It's not like Robin knows us very well but she knows enough for now. We just have to ask her because it's definitely her choice.

"We just need a little time to think and let it all sink in." I told Marissa as she gave me a questionable look.

"Let's go home." I said and we all went to our cars.

"Are you going home or are you coming to our place?" Demi asked Marissa. "I guess I'm going home. I've had enough for today. Just need a little rest." She softly smiled and then gave us all a big hug.

"Drive safely." I said and then she got into her car just like we did.

"I'm driving babe." Demi said. I've cried so my eyes look swollen but it looks worse than it is. It's okay though, I actually didn't even want to drive.

"You hungry?" I asked Robin and she nodded. "Let's go get some take away." I told Demi and she drove off to the McDonald's.

"Can I get some nuggets and fries?" Robin asked. "You're really like Sam." Demi laughed.

"Drive through McDonald's, how can I help you?" We heard through the speaker.

"Hey. 1 x 20 chicken nuggets, 2 medium fries, 2 Coke and a Happy Meal with an Ice Tea and a burger please." Demi said.

"That will be $19,00 please." The woman said so Demi paid. We had to wait for a bit but then the food came.

"You really got yourself a Happy Meal?" Robin laughed. "Trust me, this is normal." I laughed which made Demi pout.

"I just like the toys." She still pouted.

"You guys can share the nuggets." She said. "High five." I smiled and gave Robin a high five.

It was just a few minutes till we got home and we could finally eat the nuggets.

Man I love nuggets. I could write a song about them. I bet it would be a big hit, world wide, mark my words.

Robin went upstairs to chance her clothes so Demi came closer to me.

"I've though about it. I feel like we should ask Robin. It's her choice and I'm okay with whatever she chooses. If she wants to stay here, we have to change a lot of plans. If she doesn't want to, I still want you to be her first contact person." Demi said which made me smile.

"We'll talk about it once she comes back downstairs. I feel like it might be a bit too soon to ask but we have to decide before tomorrow." I said

We sat there for a while, trying to find a good serie. No success just yet, I feel like we've already watched everything on Netflix.

"Dems." I started. "Yeah babe." She smiled. "I want to pay for everything." I said which caused her to have a strange look on her face.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"For everyone at our concert who got injured or worse."

"You really have a big heart, don't you." She smiled and walked over to me. "I'll definitely help you with that." She said and kissed me. "Thank you." I smiled.

We cuddled up and just laid down for a bit till we heard footsteps going downstairs.

"You speak." Demi quickly said so I glared at her.

"Hey guys. Sorry I didn't ask you but I took a shower. I felt gross." Robin said. "That's okay kid. Come here, we want to talk to you." I smiled at her.

"What's up?" She asked. She sounds really tired. It's not as if I'm shocked though, she had a really rough day.

"I'm very sorry if it's too soon but we have to decide before tomorrow. You're only 13. Do you have any family you know of?" I asked her.

"No, it was just me and my mom. Well, I have family in Canada but we didn't leave on very good terms last time we were there. My mom never got along with them, neither did I." She said.

"Only answer this question if you want to. Where's your father?" I asked her.

"My father passed away when I was just a baby. He was a soldier." She said with pride in her voice at the last part.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. Okay, this might sound really weird but I have to ask it. Marissa, Demi and I have been talking about it today. We are willing to adopt you but it's your choice. In this way you don't have to go to a foster home and you'll have a loving family because we really do love you even though we don't know much about each other. You basically have three options and it's all on you. You can go into the foster system. You can go to your family in Canada or you can stay with us." I said.

She had a bit of a strange but also surprised look on her face.

"I don't know what to say." She said. "You don't have to decide right away. Take some time for yourself, we just need to know it before tomorrow 10 o'Clock." I gave her a big hug.

"I guess I'm going to bed early then." She said and walked upstairs. She's using the guest room. We didn't have one but we just made some space for her.

"You okay?" I asked Demi as she was just staring at the window for no reason. "Just a rough day. A rough few days, to be honest. I'm exhausted." She said so I walked up to her.

"Get some rest beautiful." I whispered. "I don't want to have a nightmare again." She said. She's been having nightmares for a while now. I don't exactly know what they are about.

"Try to sleep babe. I'll be right with you. Just think about our wedding and hopefully you'll have the most beautiful dream you've ever had." I smiled and kissed her

Demi fell asleep and soon enough I was bored to death. I'm tired but I feel like I can't sleep so I'm not even going to try.

I was just watching 'You' on Netflix when I heard footsteps. Well, you can guess how much that scared me. I'm a baby.

Anyways, I stood up and walked over to the stairs where Robin was indeed walking down the stairs.

"Hey, you're still awake." I smiled at her. "Yeah, I can't sleep." She said.

Here's the thing I like most about this kid. She's shy but also not shy at all, at least not to me. It's like she's shy in a big group but once you talk to her alone, she seems like a whole different person.

"I don't know what to do." She confessed. "What do you mean?" I asked her, kinda knowing where the conversation was going.

"I don't know if I should stay here or go somewhere else. It's a really difficult choice for me." She said and looked down.

"I understand. How about I make you a cup of tea and we'll talk about it?" I asked her. "Sure. Thanks." She smiled at me and followed me to the kitchen.

I made both of us a cup of tea and then sat down.

"So what makes the choice so difficult?" I asked her.

"You don't even know me."

-------------------------------------------------------
08/01/19