Chapter 91

SAMMIE POV:

It's the second day of Christmas and thank God, Dinah's doing okay. She had a heart attack 2 days ago but she survived and is still in the hospital. So far, she's feeling alright after all.

The doctors think she has to stay for another couple of days or weeks. They don't have the test results yet so they can't promise anything.

Other than that, since it's Christmas, we're having a family day. Well, Demi's family. Marissa will be there as well, she's been part of their family since forever.

Just like last year, I got everyone some presents. Yet again, I spent all my money on it. This is the Santa's life.

"Babe?" I heard Demi ask. "Yeah?" I answered.

"Can you get some pillows from upstairs? They're under my bed." She smiled. "Sure." I said and walked upstairs.

Once I got in her room, there was something strange. She has changed something but I just couldn't figure out what has changed.

I put the feeling aside, got some pillows and threw them downstairs. After that I walked back and placed the pillows on the couches.

I got Demi a ring this year. It's not under the Christmas tree. It's actually still with me. I want to marry her.

I still need to ask Dianna for her blessing. I would ask her dad but I feel like I should ask Dianna first.

She will be home any time soon so then I'll just make something up and get her upstairs to talk to me in private.

My mom, Marissa, already knows. She loves the idea and she said she's sure Demi would say yes.

Anyways, I was just finishing the pillows and then I heard the doorbell ring.

"Sam, can you open it?" I heard Demi yell from upstairs. I don't know what she's doing there and when she went upstairs but oh well.

"Hey Mom." I said as I let Marissa in. "Hey sweetheart." She smiled. "Hey Robin." She gave Robin a hug.

That's right, I didn't mention it. Since Robin doesn't have anyone to spend Christmas with this year, she'll be joining us. Her mother is still in critical condition and Robin was with her all day yesterday.

"How you doing kid?" Marissa asked Robin. "I'm fine. How are you?" She smiled but cracked a bit. "You know, I have this rule with Sammie. If I ask you how you are doing, you always have to be honest. I can see when people are lying about how they feel." She softly smiled.

"Okay. Well, I'm okay. I just miss my mom." She truthfully said. "I understand sweetheart. Let's just have a good day together. How about we go visit your mom again tomorrow?" Marissa asked. "That'd be nice." Robin said and gave her a hug.

She's such a sweet kid. I got lost in the conversation which led me to not noticing that Dianna and Eddie are already home. I can also just ask both of them at the same time.

Oh and, I'm fucking nervous.

"Hello darling." Dianna said as she saw me. "Hey." I smiled. "Can I talk to you both for a second? Somewhere private." I asked them. "Sure love. Let's go to the kitchen." She said.

Demi was still upstairs so I'm glad she didn't suggest that option.

"What do you want to talk about?" Dianna said. "I actually want to ask you something." I looked at both of them. "Go ahead." Eddie said.

"I want to know if it's okay if I ask Demi to... to marry me." I managed to get out. Fuck I'm nervous.

"Oh honey. Of course! I love Demi and you and you guys together. You're just perfect for each other." Dianna said, well, cried. "You got my blessing kid." Eddie added. At this point, we're all three in tears.