Chapter 36

SAMMIE POV:

I've been writing music with Demi and Dinah for the entire day. We basically just put words on paper and make some stupid songs about it which is terrible but fun. Demi left about 5 minutes ago to talk to Marissa, I told her I didn't want to go with her because I made my point clear enough.

"Sam do you want something to drink?" Dinah asked. "Yeah if you could get me a beer I'd appreciate it."

We decided to just spend the rest of the night on my bed watching netflix and doing nothing.

Demi's Future Now Tour Europe leg is starting soon and she asked me if I'd want to go with her, I said I'd think about it. I'd love to join her but I just need to make sure Marissa's safe, she's still my mom. Even when the feeling isn't mutual anymore, she still is.

I got up as I heard my phone buzzing on the other side of the room. It's Demi.

Phone call Demi:
S: Hey what's up?
D: Sammie you need to come to the hospital right now.
S: Are you okay Demi?!
D: Just come.

She hung up and I quickly changed clothes. "Dinah we need to go to the hospital. Can you please drive?" I looked at her. "Yeah sure what happened?" She said as she got up and got herself ready. "I have no idea but Demi sounded really serious about it."

We took our keys and got into the car. The hospital is only 10 minutes away from my house so it's not too far but it felt like hours.

Once we finally arrived we ran inside and saw Demi waiting for us. If Demi doesn't have anything, then who has? But then it hit me. It's got to be Marissa.

"Demi!" I hugged her and as soon as she realized it was me she hugged me back. "What happened?" I asked with Dinah now standing next to me.

"Sam, I have absolutely no idea what happened. I arrived at Marissa's, I knocked on the door but no answer. I still have her key so I walked inside and that's when I saw Marissa laying unconscious on the ground. There was blood and she had bruises so I immediately called 911 and they said if I would've called later she wouldn't have survived." She said and I was at the edge of breaking down.

What miserable ugly pathetic soul could ever EVER do something like this to someone, especially to my mom. She's the most wonderful person in the world.

"How is she doing now?" Dinah asked, knowing I wouldn't be able to get anything out of my mouth. "She's still unconscious. The doctor said he'd tell us once she's making process." She said and then hugged me. "It'll be alright baby she will be alright."

I sat down and just waited for the doctor to finally come to tell us Marissa's doing fine but he hasn't showed up yet.

"I got you something to eat." Dinah said and got me some fruit and coffee. "Thank you Dinah." I gave her a weak smile.

I slowly ate the fruit Dinah got me and tried to just forget about everything for a minute. Life can be absolutely crazy. One day you get out of rehab and the other day you're waiting for your mom to wake the fuck up in the hospital. 

We've been sitting here for about 2 hours now and we're still not allowed to see her. Just to see her. 

After 10 more minutes of feeling like shit he finally came, the doctor. "She woke up." He paused and I couldn't help but smile at him with hope, hope that she's doing alright. "How is she doing?!" Demi asked him. "She's doing fine. We'll be doing a few more tests on her tomorrow morning and if everything's alright she'll be free to go home." He said and I just hugged him. "Thank you."

"You can walk with me, I'll lead you to her room. She still needs rest so don't be too loud." He said and walked us to her room. I took a deep breath as we stood in front of her door and then walked in. She just laid there, full of bruises and still some blood left on her clothes and head. She honestly looked terrible.

"Mom." I managed to get out and walked upto her. "Are you okay?" I asked her. "Yeah baby." She said but then continued. "I'm so sorry." She looked at me. "It's fine."

Honestly it wasn't fine, but everyone makes mistakes and love makes blind. Demi told me she hasn't been with anyone since she got me, which was at the age of 16. That's a pretty fucking long time you know.

I saw Demi and Dinah waiting behind the door because I wanted to talk to her first so I decided to ask her things about what happened and I truly hope she'll tell me everything.

"What happened?" I asked her. "It was Noah, or Jason, or whatever." I looked into her eyes. "What did he do?" 

She hesitated for a little but then started talking. 

"After you told me everything, I went to the police station because it just didn't feel right. They discovered his name was actually Jason and he's 42 years old. They couldn't find more in such a short time but they told me they'd work on it and call me as soon as they found something. I went home and confronted him about his name and age but he got... furious? Maybe even worse than just furious. He started beating me up and calling me names, that's all I remember." She said and I took her hand.

I just stood there speechless, with tears in my eyes. How could he. 

"You have to tell the police everything mom." I said and looked at her. "I can't." She said. "Well why not?" I asked her. "Because I love him."

"Really mom? Look at what he's done to you. You have to go to the police or else I will." I told her and she looked at me as if she was about to pass out. "Are you okay? Should I get you a doctor?" I stood up but she stopped me. "I'm fine." She said. 

"Well is it alright if I tell Demi and Dinah to come inside? They're waiting to see you." I asked her. "Sure."

Demi is after everything still her best friend and Dinah is like a daughter to her. She's with us most of the free time she has. 

I called them inside and as soon as they saw Marissa both of them got tears in their eyes. She really looked that bad. Half of her face is like blue, almost black, her arms are also covered with bruises and believe me when I say she looks bad, like really  bad.

"What happened?" Demi asked but Marissa stayed quiet. "I'm not feeling well." She managed to get out. "What's going on Rissa?" Dinah asked worried. 

As her eyes slowly fell down I immediately called a doctor and held her hand. "Please stay with me." I said and I decided to sing her a short song before the doctor came. 

I felt her slightly squeezing my hand and that's when I had to leave. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15.08.16