Chapter 35

SAMMIE POV:

"His name is Jason."

Demi and Dinah gave me a weird expression once I told them his real name. "Well how do you know him?" Demi asked me.

"He used to be a family friend. I've known him since I was like 4." I simply said. "And why do you hate him?" Dinah asked.

"Promise me both of you will never tell anyone. And I also don't want to talk about this after I told you." I sternly said and both of them promised not to tell anyone about it. Here we go.

"When I was 8 my foster family had no time to look after me so they always asked Jason to come over. The first few times were fun, we played games and watched movies and shit but after a time he changed a lot and he raped me." I paused.

"If you don't want to tell us yet just stop whenever you feel like it." Demi said. "No it's fine." I decided to continue.

"My life literally went upside down from that moment on. He said that if I ever told anyone about this he'd kill me or my family. He also said that was just a one time thing so I didn't have to worry. But then a few weeks later it happened again and it kept happening every night from then on. He also abused me but that wasn't as bad as it sounds. At one point he also threatened my foster family but I'm not going into any details about that." I said and looked up to see their faces.

"I'm so sorry." They both said and stood up to hug me. "You should go to the police." Dinah said, Demi nodded. "Yeah you should definitely."

"I could go to the police but what would they do? I don't have any proof neither do I remember everything and he obviously isn't gonna tell them what happened and then they leave him be and that'll only make things worse not just for me but also for Marissa." I said.

"Speaking of, you have to tell Marissa about this. She may be in danger Sammie." Demi told me and took my hand. "I'll think about it. Goodnight." I went upstairs and locked my room. This is definitely not what I wanted my first day out to be.

Next day

"Morning." I said as I saw Demi in the kitchen, along with Dinah. She probably stayed over for the night. "Morning Sam." They said in common. I walked up to Dinah to give her a hug and then Demi to give her a kiss.

"I thought really good about it and I think I should tell Marissa about it. I'm just scared she won't believe me." I looked at them. "Then at least you tried." Dinah said. "I'll text her."

To Marissa:
"Demi's place in 15. We need to talk."

I saw she immediately read it but never replied so I just went upstairs to change clothes.

"Hey wait Sam." Demi looked at me. "You need to eat breakfast first." I sighed and then walked back. It's not that I don't want to eat it, it's just that there are more important things on my mind right now.

I ate my breakfast and before I could change clothes Marissa was already here.

"Hello Sam." She said and sat down. "Hi Marissa."

We haven't even started talking yet it's already the most awkward convo I've ever had with her.

"So what did you want to talk about?" She asked. "About Noah." Demi said. "Listen if you are gonna blame him for every bad thing that happens I'm leaving because I don't have time for this bullshit." She took her phone and stood up. "For fucks sakes Marissa you're in danger just fucking listen to me." I said and she looked quiet shocked, then sat down again. "Go ahead."

"Noah isn't really Noah, his name is Jason." She rolled eyes but I continued. "He used to be a family friend. He raped me, he abused me and he threatened my foster family and me. I know you probably won't believe this but go ahead, it's your life. Just know that I warned you because I actually do care about you. He's also wanted by the police. Just so you know." I said and looked at her.

"I don't believe you." She said and I heard Demi sigh. I threw my hands in the air and groaned. "Do you really think I fucking make this shit up? Why should I? I don't think I even have a proper reason to lie to you about this."

"Maybe you just want me back into your life." She said and I immediately laughed. "Marissa you fucking don't get it. You are still my mother it's just that you told me I'm not your daughter anymore. Your choice, your life, your feelings. I don't give a single fuck about who you want to be with, what I care about is your safety." I said and then walked upstairs.

MARISSA POV:

Part of me wants to believe her but the other part of me doesn't. It's just crazy. I have a life too you know, she's a grown up now. I've been with Noah for almost 3 months and I love this guy. I haven't loved a guy in years. He wouldn't do anything like that bad shit to Sammie.

I stood up and looked at Demi and Dinah who have a disappointed look on their faces. I just walked out of her house and decided to drive by the police station to check if any of this is real.

Once I got there I walked inside and went straight to the reception. They told me to wait for about 5 minutes for someone to help me because the woman at the reception doesn't have any kind of information about Noah or Jason or whoever he is.

Suddenly a guy walked in and I feel like I recognize him for some reason. Anyways it's just the officer so I stood up and walked to his office with him.

"At this moment I won't be able to get information about your boyfriend. All I know for now is that his name is Jason Daniel Jackson, he is 42 years old and he was born in Brazil but moved to America a long time ago. That's all I know so far. I will contact you once I know more about him." He told me and looked at me. I just nodded and thanked him, then walked off to my car.

I can't believe his name is actually already a lie. If he didn't have anything to hide, why would he lie about his name?

I drove home and saw his car was in the driveway. I stayed in the car for a few more minutes to just think. I'm not sure what to say once I see him. Sammie told me I could be in danger but I just can't seem to figure out how he could ever hurt someone, especially me.

I opened my phone to check if I had any unseen messages, which I did.

From Noah:
"Will be home early today x."

From Demi:
"Can I come over tonight?"

To Demi:
"Sure. Not too late."

I locked my phone and just thought really good about everything again.

His name is Jason Daniel Jackson. He is 42 years old. Both of them are new. He lied about his name and age. Noah, 35 years old, that's what I was told.

I locked the door and saw him sitting at the couch in the living room. "Hey babe." He said and stood up to kiss me.

"Jason Daniel Jackson?"

----------------------------------------------
13.08.16