Chapter 96

SAMMIE POV:

After we posted that message on Instagram we got loads of positive reactions.

My mom's coming over tonight for dinner and she has some news. I'm actually really wondering what it could be but I know it has to have something to do with the concert.

I just hope my management will agree with paying everything and organize something special for those people.

I'm going over to Emma today. She's in town so we will probably drink something somewhere. I haven't seen her since the concert so I kind of have to update her about my life.

"Dems." I said. "Yeah love?" She asked me. "I'm going over to Emma's today." I smiled at her. "Have fun. I think I'm gonna go shopping or something with Robin." She shrugged. "Well then I might see you later. We're gonna be drinking something in town later today." I winked at her and she slapped my butt.

I grabbed some stuff together, gave Robin and Demi a big hug and then I went to my car.

I'm trying to keep up being positive but with all of the big things happening in my life at the moment it's pretty hard. You'd think it wouldn't be hard since I just got engaged and we adopted one of the sweetest girls. The thing is, it is hard.

The fact that a shooting has happened at out concert haunts me and I feel like it's going to keep haunting me forever. These people left their homes & family and came to see us, which led to a disaster. I can't help but feel guilty.

Enough about that. It's going through my head all day long so talking about it right now won't make me feel any better and I really hope Emma's not gonna start about it.

Lost in my thoughts, I arrived at Emma's.

"Hey!" She said as she walked up to me. "Hey sis. How are you?" I gave her a big hug. "Yeah I'm good. How are you?" She smiled. "I'm okay." I gave her one of my best fake smiles.

Of course I'm not okay but I am. You feel me?

"So, show me your apartment. I'm super curious." I said. In case I haven't mentioned it, she just bought an apartment in town.

"Follow me Madame." She grinned.

"This is the kitchen. It's small but it's fine for just me. I like cooking a lot but I won't be here that much in the evenings because of my job." She shrugged and moved on to the next room.

"This is the living room and my cat." She said. It's a cute small room with two couches and a TV. She also has a guitar and not to forget, a cat.

"And this is the bath room." She said. It's really small as well but then again, she lives on her own so it's fine for just her.

"Last but not least, the bedroom." She decorated this room really beautifully. The walls are baby blue and white and her king size bed is this dark blue colour. It fits really good with each other.

"I like it!" I smiled. "Do you want something to drink?" She asked. "Yeah, just some water." I said and not much later she came back with two glasses of water and we sat down on a couch.

"So I saw your post on Instagram. What on earth has been happening in your life?" She asked.

"Well, a lot." I chuckled. "Tell me." She said.

"You know about the concert and I don't really want to talk about it either now but after that happened I felt like shit, I still do. I had planned to ask Demi to marry me since a long time so I still wanted to ask her even though everything that happened. Then there was this girl, Robin, she was at our concert with her mom. Her mom passed away because of her injuries and Robin would either have to go to a foster home or live with us. We gave her the choice and she chose to stay with us." I said within one breath. No, kidding, 5 breaths.

"Jesus Sam. First of all, stop feeling guilty about what happened. I know you and I know you hide your feelings from me but I can see right through you, it's a family thing." She said and gave me a big hug. "Thanks." I smiled.

"Anyways. You decided to keep Robin? Within one day? You don't know the girl at all Sammie." She said. "I know but I couldn't let her go. I know there's more to her, there's something special. She's my daughter now and I already love her." I smiled.

"Okay, well, I'm happy for you then." She said. She sounds like a bitch but she surely means it in a good way.

"I think you shouldn't marry Demi." She bursted out. "What?" I said, full of disbelief.

"I think you shouldn't marry Demi." She repeated. "Why?" I asked this time.

"Because you should focus on yourself. I feel like you're a different person when you're with her." She said. "I'm just being myself. I'm even more myself when I'm with her. She's the love of my life, Emma." I defended her.

"You're falling back into old habits, Sam. You think no one noticed, but I did. I've noticed all the little things that weren't right. She's no good for you." She spoke, a bit louder than before.

"What are you talking about? I'm not falling back at all! Demi's been better for me than anyone has ever been." I said, trying to stay calm.

"Don't hide it from me. You're not doing okay. You feel like Demi's pressuring you to act like you're okay so you guys won't have to talk about it. You just adopted a girl and you didn't even overthink it for longer than a day. You're being fucking impulsive and that's the biggest sign that you're falling back." She yelled.

"Stop being a psycho, Ems. Take a bath, eat some vegetables, lay down and rest. It was good seeing you again. Bye." I said and walked out of her apartment. I couldn't stand her after what she just said and I know that if I'd stayed, I would have freaked out.

"Come back!" I heard her yell but I didn't stop walking.

Soon enough I heard her coming closer to me but I just went to my car.

"Stop." She sternly said. "What do you want Emma?" I said with a lot of annoyance in my voice.

"You should really listen to me." She said. "Why should I?" I asked her. "Because she's sick in the head. She has always been." She said.

"You know what Emma. You're sick in the head. Fuck off." I said and then I felt a big pain flash through my body.

She hit me.

-------------------------------------------------------
19/01/2019