Chapter 90

SAMMIE POV:

"She was just taken to the hospital."

These last words just hit me real hard. My mom is on her way to the hospital but she was trying to help people.

"I need to go with you to the hospital." I told him. "I'm sorry ma'am. I can't take you with me. It's part of the procedure. Everyone who isn't injured has to go home immediately." He said. What a bitch.

"But she's my mother." I defended myself. "I'm sorry kid. I have to get back to work." He said and walked past me. I can't really take in what just happened. I can't go to the hospital to see my own mother?

-- To Mom --
"Are you okay?! Please."

I texted her and then went back to the busses.

"Dems?" I yelled once I walked in. "Yeah babe." I heard in response and then saw her and Robin sitting in front of the TV, watching some movie.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked her and she stood up to walk outside with me.

"What is it?" She softly asked. "Marissa's in the hospital." I said. I could have said it a bit more subtle but I didn't know how.

"What?! Is she okay? What happened?!" Demi started to freak out. "Demi calm the fuck down. I don't know if she's okay and I don't know what happened. Can we just go there right now?" I asked her.

"Let's go." Demi said and we got back into the bus.

"Robin, you got everything with you?" I asked her. "Yeah." She quietly answered.

"We're going to the hospital." Demi blurted out. "Why?" Robin asked. "Marissa was taken by the hospital. If we go there, we can check on your mother as well." I explained to her. "You okay with that?" Demi asked and she nodded.

We drove off to the hospital and went inside. It's one big chaos because of the shooting.

"Hi. I'm looking for Marissa Callahan?" I asked the girl behind the desk.

"Is she a victim of the shooting?" She asked. "Yeah. Sadly." I looked down and felt Robin giving me a hug.

"Are you family?" The girl asked. "Yeah. I'm her daughter." I said and showed her my ID.

"She's in room 115." She said. We thanked her and walked off.

"Sammie?" I heard Robin say. "Yes darling?" I answered. "It's going to be okay. Just like you told me, she's in good hands." She said and hugged me. "Thank you Robin. You're the sweetest." I smiled at her and then we moved on to the room.

Once I saw her I felt a bit of relieve. She's awake and smiling at us.

"Mom, I was so worried. I texted you but you didn't answer." I said. "I lost my phone somewhere back there I guess. I'm glad you found me." She smiled. "So what happened?" Demi asks.

"When I went out there to help people, the shooter was still there. He didn't shoot on me, he just got caught by the cops. I felt like it was all becoming too much and then I fell onto the ground. That's the last thing I remember. From what they told me I believe that short after I fell, they took me off because they didn't know the damage and didn't have time or space back there. I'm okay now, just a bit of a headache." She said.

"I'm glad to hear you're okay." Demi said. "Me too." Robin and I said in common.

"This is Robin, by the way." I said. "Hi, I'm Marissa." She smiled at Robin.

"Let's go find your mom, alright?" I said and then we walked off, leaving Marissa and Demi behind.

"What's her name, love?" I asked her. "Reggie Davins." She told me.

I asked the girl behind the desk once again if she knew where the woman could be.

She's in the room next to Marissa. Well, that's good news because on that part of the hospital are the ones who aren't that sick.

"Mom!" Robin said as she saw her and gasped. She isn't awake. I don't know if she's sleeping or if there's something else going on, to be honest.

"Hey doctor. Can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" I asked the doctor who was checking in on her. "Sure."

We walked out of the room and then I asked him if she's just asleep or if there's anything else.

"Because of her blood loss, we had to put her in a coma. If we hadn't done that, she wouldn't have survived. We don't know if she is going to make it." He said. And I though this was the better part of the hospital, I was clearly wrong.

"Robin sweetheart, come here for a second." I said. "What is it?" She asked with her adorable accent.

"I just spoke with the doctor. I have to be honest with you. They had to put her into a coma. If they hadn't done that, she wouldn't have survived." I told her. "Is she going to make it?" She asked.

"I don't know baby. Let's keep our hopes up high and be there for your mother." I said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

We walked back inside and at that moment, Demi walked in. I left Robin alone with her mom and Demi and I walked off.

"Is Robin okay? I just talked to the doctor." Demi asked. "She is, for now. I don't think the realises the situation yet." I said and looked down.

"How's Marissa?" I asked her. "She's okay babe. She can go home today." She gave me a weak smile.

I left Demi with Robin and then I walked off to the reception.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked the sweet girl behind the desk. "Sure." She smiled.

"Can I get some room numbers from people who got hurt at the shooting at my concert?" I asked. "I'm not allowed to give that kind of information to someone who isn't family." She said.

"But they were there for my concert, if it wasn't for me, they wouldn't be here right now. I want to do something for them." I almost begged her to give me the information.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do. Please take a seat in the waiting centre." She said and I felt a bit of relieve.

Just a few minutes later, I heard someone call my name. It's a doctor.

"Hi, I'm Sammie." I shook his hand. "I'm doctor Colin. I'm going to come with you to the rooms of your request." He smiled and we walked off.

"This is the first room. We don't have any information about this girl. Please be patient with her and try to not scare her off or let her freak out." The doctor said and I thanked him. I walked inside and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Dinah?!" I asked and her face lit a bit up. "Samson." She managed to get out.

"What are you doing here? Why were you at the concert?" I asked her.

"I was going to surprise you." She quietly said.

"Are you okay? What happened exactly?" I asked her and felt really guilty.

"I heard something weird but I ignored it. Then I heard it again and I looked behind me and I saw someone falling onto the ground. I immediately ran up to the woman and tried to help her. I heard the same noise again and that's all I remember." She got out very slowly.

"Do I need to get a doctor?" I asked her but she didn't answer. "Dinah?!"

I screamed for the doctor but he didn't come in. I tried to search for the red button but then I heard a very unfamiliar noise.

-------------------------------------------------------

24/12/18