Chapter 42

SAMMIE POV:

At the beach

"So what should we do Dinah J?" I asked her as we sat down somewhere near the beach. "I don't know, let's just watch the sunset together." She said and smiled at me. "You're a big lil cutie." We laughed. 

"You know, the first time I met your mom was here, actually. I've known her for a long time but she has never been this happy before you came into her life." She said while looking at the sunset. "Really? How did you meet?" I asked her. "I went to the beach with Camila, it was one of our first days together and then she walked up to us. First we didn't know who she was, but then it hit me. Demi has been coaching us along with Simon at the X-Factor and I realized the woman was actually Marissa, as in Demi's best friend. She complimented us and motivated us to keep doing what we love and since then we actually talked everyday." She said.

"That's so sweet, I love her." I looked at dinah. "Me too." She pulled me closer to her, like we always do. It's late and I'm tired so I decided to just close my eyes but then I completely dozed off.

Next day:

I woke up, not realizing where I was but Dinah was asleep next to me. I stood up and that's when I realized I was still wearing yesterday's clothes so Dinah must've taken me here.

I walked out of the room to see where I was and once I came downstairs it hit me, I'm just in the girl's their house. I feel quite dumb for not realizing I was probably just in Dinah's room, but hey, it's morning.

"Goodmorning sleepy head." I heard Normani say. "Morning." I mumbled back. "Grab whatever you want." She said and I smiled at her. "By the way, Demi's been calling you non-stop, maybe you should call her back." She said and my smile faded. I should've let her know I was here, but at the same time, I couldn't because I fell asleep while we were on the beach and she knows I was just going out with Dinah.

Phone conversation:

"Sammie where are you?! I've been calling all night." She sounded worried. "Sorry Dems I fell asleep last night and Dinah brought me to her's." I said. "I'm coming." She hung up before I could even say anything.

"Demi's coming to prepare yourself everybody, she didn't sound too happy about the fact I slept here." I kind of yelled through the kitchen, causing Normani and Lauren to laugh.

After watching some stupid TV show for like 10 minutes we heard knocks on the door, must be Demi. "I'll get it." I said and stood up to open the door.

'Hey." I said and kissed her on the cheek. "Hey? Is that all you can say?" She said as she pushed me away. "Calm down." I said. "Calm down what? I've been worried all night long and I've been calling, all night long. Now you tell me to calm down? I don't think so." She said as she raised her voice. "I'm sorry for not letting you know Demi, I didn't even know either. I fell asleep somewhere near the beach and then Dinah took me here." I looked at her. "Where is she?" She asked. "What's going on?" Lauren suddenly stood next to me. "Where's Dinah?" Demi asked again, trying to get in. "Demi what the fuck, go home, you're not coming in." I said as I saw the look in her eyes.

"No I'm not going home." She said. "Why are you so upset about this? You know the girls, you know me, nothing would happen." I told her. "You and Dinah seem to be pretty close." She said while scrolling through her phone, showing me a picture. "Yeah, that's where I fell asleep, while having a sister night." I said and walked out. "Tell Dinah I'll come by later." I told Lauren and she nodded. I walked over to Demi's car and sat down. 

"Did you really have to do that, Demi?" I said and looked at her. "Do what? Worry? Because I fucking care about you." She raised her voice once again. "Calm the fuck down." I said again. "No." She almost screamed. "Haven't you taken your pills or some shit." 

My world collapsed for a minute. She hit me. She really just hit me. The love of my life. 

I ran out of the car and Demi drove off as soon as possible. I decided to text Marissa to pick me up.

To Mom:
"Can you please pick me up at Dinah's?"

It didn't take long before she texted me back.

From Mom:
"Will be there in 5." 

I sat down next to the road and those 5 minutes felt like hours of crying a river. 

"What's wrong baby?" I heard Marissa said. I didn't even realize she was already here. "Come on, let's take you home." She helped me to get up and then got into the car, driving off to home.

"What happened?" She asked again. "She hit me." I said without any emotion. "Who hit you?" She asked. "Demi." I said while Marissa took a sip of her water but almost choked once I said that. "What the fuck. Why?" She asked but I ignored. "Sammie tell me what happened." She said  as we already arrived at our house. 

"I have no idea what happened mom, I spent the night at Dinah's because I fell asleep last night at the beach, Demi said she's been calling all night and worried sick about me because I didn't let her know where I was. I called her back this morning and she came to the girl's house. Once she got here she got like super mad so I walked over to her car because I didn't want the girls to see us fight but then I said something and she hit me." I said and got out of the car. "What did you say?" She asked. "Haven't you taken your pills or some shit." I said.

We went inside and at that moment Dinah texted me. 

From Dinah J:
"I heard what happened, is everything alright? I texted your mom last night but I forgot to text Demi, I'm so sorry x." 

To Dinah J:
"This isn't your fault. I'll let you know. x"

Now I know that she texted Marissa this shit gets even worse. She could've just called her instead of getting mad at me or Dinah.

"Have you heard anything from her yet?" Marissa asked me. "No, nothing." I answered. "Do you still want to go on tour? You know we're leaving tonight, right?" She looked at me. "Yeah. I mean you're going, so is Luna, so I'm going too. She will be busy anyways." I said. "I'm going to talk with her." She said and left before I could stop her.

MARISSA POV:

I arrived at Demi's and made my way to the door. I knocked three times but there was no answer so I got my key and unlocked the door.  

"Demetria where are you?" I yelled through the house and then saw her walking towards me. "I'm sorry." She collapsed into my chest but I shook her off and brought her with me to the living room. I mean I know she's sorry, I believe her, but I just want an explanation. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26.08.16