Chapter 57

SAMMIE POV:

"Demi's going back into therapy, with you." She said. "What the fuck? Don't I have a say in this or something?" I almost yelled.

"This is the best option for Demi but also for your relationship." Marissa said. "Mom she cheated on me and she can't control herself." I now yelled. "The first session is tonight at 7PM." She said and I just ran into my room but heard a knock.

"Can I come in?" She asked and I immediately recognized Madison's voice. "Sure thing Mads." I said and she came in.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "Yeah, things are just so complicated." I gave her a weak smile.

"Don't get mad at me but Marissa told me to tell you we're going to Demi's in 10." She said and awkwardly smiled. "It's okay Mads don't worry." I said and stood up.

"What the fuck mom?! Didn't I make it clear enough I don't want to see her?" I yelled from upstairs. "It's the best thing to do." She yelled back. "Can you come downstairs please? I need to talk to you, alone." She asked so I walked back into my room.

"Hey Mads she wants to talk to me alone so just stay here and do whatever you want." I smiled and walked downstairs.

"What do you want?" I asked her. "First of all, lower your tone. I'm just trying to have a normal conversation with you." She said which pissed me off even more.

"Listen Sam, I just want the best for Demi and you know that this is the best for her. She needs you through this process and you need her." She said. "That's not the point mom you don't even get it." I said.

"Then what is the point?" She asked. "The point is that you've been planning all this shit for me to do without my permission. I'd love to help but I've already got enough on my mind and enough to do." I finally calmed my voice.

"It's only three times a week." She said. "Only 3 times? Which means it's 6 hours a week. Do you even realize how much I gotta do a week?" I asked her. "No but she is your girlfriend Sammie. What would she do if you were in her place? She'd definitely help you." She said.

"But I wasn't the one cheating." I looked down. "So that's what this is all about, isn't it?" Marissa asked and stared into my eyes. "Yeah." I whispered and slowly let my tears fall down.

"When is the first therapy session?" I decided to ask after a while. "It's in about 40 minutes." She gave me a weak smile. "I'm just gonna get ready." I said and walked upstairs.

"Hey you alright? It sounded pretty tough." Madison said as I walked into my bedroom. "Yeah I'm fine but I've got a therapy session in about 40 minutes so I'm gonna get ready." I said and I grabbed my stuff. I walked over to the bathroom and took a hot but short shower.

At the therapy session;

"You ready?" Marissa asked. "Yeah, thanks mom." I smiled and got out of the car. "See you later." I said before closing the door. I walked inside the building and already saw Demi waiting for me.

"Hey." I said and sat down next to her. "Are you ready?" I asked her but no response. "Alright let's go then." I said and took out my hand for her to reach it but she didn't. If she wants to play it this way, fine.

"Welcome ladies." A woman, I'm guessing the therapist, said and let us in. "Sit down please." She smiled.

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asked. "Water, please." I said and smiled, Demi just nodded 'no'. "I'm Allison by the way." She said and shook our hands. "Sammie." I smiled. "I'm Demi." She said without any emotion.

"So tell me a little bit about yourself and your life." Allison said. "Do I start or do you?" I asked Demi. "Whatever." She said and I rolled my eyes at her behaviour.

"So I'm Sammie, I'm 18 years old and I live with my mom and Madison. I'm in college since not too long ago. I'm planning to move out and live with my girlfriend Demi, if everything will get normal again, but for now I'm good." I said.

"That's nice, I'm excited to get to know you better. How about you Demi?" She asked.

"I'm Demi, 24 years old, I sing and I live on my own." She shortly answered and then looked away again.

"That's great Demi." Allison smiled.

"Can one of you tell me the exact reason why we are here?" Demi asked with a harsh tone.

"What the fuck is your problem Demetria seriously? We are trying to help you, why don't you fucking get that?" I bursted out. "My problem is you and this whole therapy session. I never chose for this, I didn't want this and I still don't want to be here." She said. "Well me neither but we've got to make the best of it. It's for your own good." I said and looked away because I didn't want her to see I was crying.

"Let's all calm down for a moment. Demi, can you tell me the reason your family signed you up for this therapy session?" Allison asked. "I don't know." She mumbled.

"Does it have something to do with your little sister?" Allison asked. "No." She said. "Are you sure?" Allison asked while staring into her eyes. "I abused my little sister and I cheated on my girlfriend you good now?!" She bursted out but then started crying. "Shh, it's okay." I said and hugged her.

"No it's not." She paused. "I don't fucking know why I did all of this. I didn't ever want to hurt Madison, I didn't ever want to cheat on you and I didn't ever want to let things come this far. I also didn't ever want to hurt you by pushing you against the wall, I'm sorry." She finally said. "It's fine Demi don't worry. Let's just talk." I said and took her hand. Oh how I've missed these hands.

I mean yeah I'm pissed off at her and yeah she cheated on me but I still love her and I know she's just not herself at all.

"Is there anything triggering that caused these actions, Demi?" Allison asked. "Not really." She said. "Can I say something?" I asked Allison. "Go ahead." She said.

"I know you've been smoking for a while and I just want to know if you've been using drugs." I said and looked at Demi. "No I haven't." She quietly said. "Look at me." I said and she turned around. "Have you been using drugs?"

----------------------------------------------
04.11.16