Chapter 89

*This chapter will consist a situation similar to what happened at the Ariana concert in Manchester. If any kind of this can trigger you, I suggest you to move on to the next chapter.*

SAMMIE POV:

"I just need you to get out of here, right now." Marissa said.

"Where's Demi?!" I asked, kind of panicked since I don't know what's happening.

"Demi's already out Sam. Please, hurry." She took out her hand for me to take and I ran out of the arena along with some security guys and my mom.

Once we made it to our bus, I didn't see Demi anywhere.

"Mom, where's Demi?!" I asked her. "I don't know sweetheart. She'll probably be here anytime. Stay here, I need to go back to help out." She said and made her way back out.

"No mom, wait!" I yelled. "What's going on?" I asked her. "Just stay here Sammie and don't be stubborn."

She walked out of the bus and I couldn't help it but follow her. I took one of the security guys with me and walked back in.

"Sammie what are you doing here?" I heard Demi ask. "Dems! I was looking for you. I got to the busses but you weren't there." I said. "Shh babe. Let's go back to our bus."

Once we got back I started to change into some comfy PJ's and made myself something to drink.

My mom still wasn't back and I was just really worried about her for some reason. She never acts so strange about a situation. She usually tells me everything.

"Demi, do you know what's happening?" I asked as she was just staring at the ground. "Demi?" I asked again since she didn't response.

"Yeah sorry what?" She asked. "I asked you if you know what's going on?"

She looked me in the eyes and then said something which made my heart fall into thousands of pieces.

"There's been a shooting." She said and then started crying. I hugged her but I just had to let it get to my mind.

A shooting? At our concert? Did people get hurt? Is someone with them? Did they get the shooter? What the fuck is happening?

"I have to go there." I said and went out of the bus as fast as I could. "No, Sammie." I heard Demi say but it's kind of a blur. I need to go back to help people.

Once I was inside it was a big chaos. I saw everyone helping other people in need. There wasn't some kind of shooting noise anymore.

I took some stuff with me to help people and went to the first one I saw.

"Sweetheart. Match my breathing. 1, 2, 3." I said since I saw she had trouble breathing.

"There you go love. You're doing great. Stay strong. Help is coming very soon, please stay awake darling." I told her. She was matching my breathing but her eyes were closing every now and then.

"What's your name?" I asked her. "Bonnie." She managed to get out. "That's a beautiful name. Like Bonnie from the Vampire Diaries?" I tried to stay in contact.

"Yes." She kind of chuckled. "I love that show. Have you watched it?" I asked her. "Yes." She said again and then I saw the ambulance people coming this way.

"Okay Bonnie. These people are going to help you. I need you to try your hardest to stay awake and keep your breathing normal. I love you and I'm proud of you. Stay safe darling, you can win this." I said and kissed her forehead before they took her back to the ambulance.

I looked around but it was chaos and there were people freaking out everywhere. So was I, but I tried to hide it and help my people.

"Help!" I heard a young girl scream. I ran up to her to see what's going on. "Hey sweetheart. Calm down. What's going on?" I asked her.

"My mom, she's there, I don't know if she's alive or not and I'm freaking out I don't know what to do!" She said within one breath and she was indeed freaking out.

"Stay here. I'll be back in one minute." I told her and ran off to the ambulances. I asked them to come with me to take off her mother to the ambulance.

"Okay love. What's your name?" I asked the girl. "I'm Robin." She said. "How old are you?" I looked at her. "I'm 13 years old." She said.

"Here's the thing. Your mother is in good hands. Do you know anyone we can call for you?" I asked her. "No. I don't have much family. My only family lives in Canada." She started to tear up.

"Do you want to stay with me for the night?" I asked her and she just nodded her head and took my hand.

I gave her a jacket and then we walked off to our bus.

"Dems?" I asked. "Thank God you're okay. Don't do that ever again." She said in a rush and hugged me.

"This is Robin. She's going to stay with us for at least the night." I said and told her with a facial expression that I'd explain it to her later.

"Hi Robin, I'm Demi. Just make it feel like you're home. You can take a shower if you want to." Demi said.

Robin is a bit covered in blood. It's not her own. She should indeed take a quick shower.

"Will my mom be okay?" She asked. "We will keep you updated darling." I said and kissed her on the forehead. "Go take a shower, I have some clean PJ's for you." I said and led her to the shower.

Once she took a shower I could explain things to Demi.

"Why did you leave the bus Sammie? I was worried sick." She said, a bit pissed off but also worried. "I had to. I had to help those people. They came here for our concert so I feel really responsible if anything happens." I said.

"But what you did was really dangerous Sam. The shooter could still have been in there." Demi said. "I know. I'm sorry. I just couldn't let it go." I said and started to tear up.

"Come here baby." She said and gave me a big bear hug.

"So what's with Robin?" She kindly asked. "Robin was screaming for help so I ran up to her. She didn't know if her mother was alive or not so I immediately ran off to the ambulances and then I asked her if she had anyone we could call. She only has family in Canada so the only option I thought of was this one. I hope you don't mind." I said and looked at her with hope.

"Sammie, I'm glad you did. You really have the kindest heart of all." She gave me a kiss.

"Wait a minute, where's mom?" I asked her. "I don't know. She hasn't been here in the time you were gone." Demi said with a bit of worry I. Her voice.

"I need to go look for her. Can you please stay here to watch Robin? Give her anything she wants." I said and then made my way back again.

Once I was inside I started to look around. There weren't many people left, most of them were already taken by the ambulances.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Marissa Callahan. Have you seen her?" I asked one of the nurses. "Not that I know of. I can check the list." He said.

"Marissa Callahan you said?" He asked and I nodded.

"She was just taken to the hospital."

-------------------------------------------------
15/12/18
💕❤️