Chapter 93

SAMMIE POV:

"Is she dead?" Robin asked.

"I don't know darling." I told her and held her tight.

We had to wait outside so we didn't really know what to do. Demi and Marissa went somewhere to get us something to drink.

"Can I listen to some music on your phone?" Robin asked. "Of course. There you go. I've got some earphones in my pocket, wait a second." I said, gave her my phone and then looked for the earphones.

"There you go." I softly smiled at her and gave it to her.

"Here, try this one." I said and showed one of my lists. These are all the songs I play when I'm feeling down.

"Hey ladies. Got you a hot chocolate and you a coffee." Marissa said and handed us our drinks.

"Any news yet?" Marissa asked as she saw Robin using my earphones. "No, I haven't seen one of the doctors." I said.

"I'll go check on it." Demi said and walked towards the room where Robin's mom used to be in.

I'm definitely not mentally stable after what happened at our concert. It all came by so fast and I haven't really had time to think about it.

It blew me over and before I knew it I asked Demi to marry me.

A lot of life changing things have happened in the past few days. I don't know how to handle some of it.

I really have the best and the most supportive family. They have distracted me a lot these days but now I've got some time for myself, I need to figure out what to do.

I want, I need, to do something for those who got injured or worse at our concert. I started something but then I found Dinah.

I want to do more than just going hello at their rooms in the hospital. First of all I want to pay for everything. All of the costs which are needed for their recovery.

I need to talk to Demi about this as well since it was our concert but I'm sure she's in. I won't do it today since I don't know how Robin's mom is doing but I'll talk to her about it as soon as we get a chance. A peaceful one.

Soon enough I saw Demi walking towards us. She had a bit of a worried and strange look on her face but as she came closer I saw that she had cried and is stressed the fuck out.

"Babe? What is it?" I said as I walked towards her.

"Come with me for a second." She said and we walked a bit further away.

"She didn't make it." Demi managed to get out. "Oh my god." I said and I could feel my eyes swelling up a bit.

"What do we do Sam? I can't tell the sweetest little girl that her mom, her only family, just passed away." Demi said and stressed. "Calm down Dems. I get it. Could you tell Marissa? I'll go sit with Robin." I said and wiped away my tears.

"Thank you." Demi said and walked over to Marissa.

I walked over to Robin to see her doing some games on my phone.

"Hey there sweetheart." I said but I couldn't smile. She saw right through me. "It isn't good, is it?" She asked and I just nodded.

"The doctors did everything they could. Your mother was a fighter, she stayed around longer than the doctors thought she would." I softly said. I don't know if I should've said that or not. I don't know what to say in a situation like this.

"Can I see her?" She asked and started to tear up. I feel like she doesn't fully realise it yet. Maybe it's for the best at this moment. She'll need time to heal a wound even though it's never going to heal for a 100%.

"Later today baby. We have to wait for a little bit." I said and pulled her into a warm, tight, hug.

"I got you some water." Marissa said as she walked towards us.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked me and I stood up and walked away with her. Demi stayed back there with Robin.

"How did she take it?" She asked me. "I feel like she doesn't really realise it yet. She left some tears but that's all. She's in deep thoughts. She wants to see her though." I said.

"Okay. She can see her in a bit, that's what the doctors told me. I want to ask you something." She started so I just nodded.

"It might be really soon but all these things will be a big happening within a few hours. Robin's only a kid. She doesn't have any other family. I was thinking maybe we could take her? Well, ask her first of course, but I don't want her to go into foster homes. I want her to have a great family and to be loved." She said.

"Well. You kind of blew me away with this. I haven't thought about this. I'll just... Give me some time to think about it and talk to Demi." I said and walked back to Demi and Robin.

I don't know what to do, honestly. All those life fucking changing things are happening and I'm not really following it anymore.

"I just spoke to a doctor. We can see her but not for that long." Demi said. "Okay. Robin, do you want to see her?" I asked and she nodded so we walked towards her room.

"You should go in with her." Marissa told me and Demi agreed.

I walked in with Robin and saw her mother's lifeless body laying on the bed. It's truly just heartbreaking.

"I don't know what to do." Robin said with tears in her eyes and looked at me. "Is there something you've always wanted to tell her? Now is your chance baby girl." I gave her a sympathetic look.

"Mom. Why now? Why are you leaving so soon? We were supposed to have a whole lifetime together eating lots of ice cream and go to the movies. You're my best friend... I don't know what to do without you. Please, take care of me. I know you'll always be with me. I carry you in my heart and your heart carries me in your soul, remember? That's what you used to tell me when I felt alone at night. You sang to me till I finally fell asleep. You've been there for me on my worst and best times. I love you more than anything in this world mom. I'm going to miss you and I'm going to make you proud of me. Sleep well." She said and gave her mother a kiss on the forehead.

On this moment, tears are just streaming down my face. I tried to wipe them away but they keep coming.

"Thank you for your advice and support." Robin said and hugged me. "Anything for you, Robin." I hugged her.

We walked back outside after standing there for a while and then I had the time to talk to Demi alone.

"Dems. Can we talk?" I asked her. "Sure. What's up?" She asked.

"Marissa just suggested something. Well, not just something, it's a big deal. She wants us or her to adopt and take care of Robin. She doesn't want her to go into a foster home and neither do I." I told her.

"So what are you exactly telling me?" She asked with this kind of look on her face as if she already knows where this is going.

"Demi, do you want to adopt Robin?"

----------------------------------------------
06/01/19