Chapter 95

SAMMIE POV:

"You don't even know me." She said. "I know. We don't know much of each other but what's wrong with that sweetheart?" I asked her.

"Well, why would you want to adopt me if you don't even know me?" She said, well, asked.

"Okay. Just imagine going into a foster home. A strange family will adopt you. They don't know you either. They just think you're pretty and they look into the dossier. Oh, great, they think! She's never been in contact with the cops and she's never done anything wrong. That's how it usually goes. Of course, there are great stories as well but this happens most of the times, they don't know you at all." I told her and she looks like she is in deep thoughts.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "Oh it's okay babygirl. Don't you worry about that, I totally understand." I smiled and gave her a big hug.

We drank our tea and then went upstairs.

"Don't overthink. We'll talk about it tomorrow, just try to get some sleep." I said and kissed her on the forehead.

"Sleep well Sam. Thanks for tonight." She smiled and then went to her bedroom.

I walked over to our bedroom even though Demi's still on the couch. I bet she won't wake up and if I wake her up she'll be pissed.

Guess it's going to be a long night but I'll be okay.

THE NEXT MORNING

"Morning." I said as I walked into the living room and Demi was just sipping her coffee.

"Morning babe." She smiled.

"How did you sleep?" I asked her and grinned. "Good. The couch is better than you anyways." She joked. "Shut up." I stuck out my tongue and made myself some tea.

"What are we going to do today?" She asked. "I don't know. Marissa has a meeting today about what we're going to do with our tour and everything." I said.

"Good morning." We heard Robin say as she walked in.

"Morning bubs!" I smiled. "Morning monkey." Demi added and we laughed.

"How did you sleep?" Demi asked. "I slept well. Couldn't sleep at first but after that I fell asleep very quickly." Robin said.

"Do you want some breakfast?" I asked her. "I uh... I actually want to talk first, if that's okay with you." She said with a bit of anxiety in her voice, something I haven't heard before.

"Of course baby girl. Let's sit down. Do you want something to drink though?" I asked her. "Yeah, some tea please." She said and sat down on the couch.

"So, what do you want to talk about love?" Demi asked and I put down her tea on the table.

"Well, about yesterday. I have been thinking and even though I don't know this for sure yet, I think I want to stay with you." She said, looking down.

"Really?" I could feel myself getting happier. "Yeah. I don't want to go to a strange home with strange people. Even though I don't know you guys that well, I know more than I know of these other people." She softly smiled.

"We would love it if you'd stay with us." Demi smiled at her and then at me. "But you just said you aren't sure. We need to sign it by today if you want this." I told her. "I know. I'll never be sure about something like this I guess. It's not easy thinking about this when you mom just passed away, the only friend I had. We can go sign it today. I made my decision." She said with a smile at the end.

"Ahhh we're going to have so much fun together. Throw parties, have sleepovers in the living room, explore the world and meet so many new people!" I excitedly said and they just laughed at me.