Change

CHAPTER 8

    Mac's POV    

'So, I guess I should tell you about myself.' 

    "This is kind of hard to explain, because you're so young.." Demi began. "Have you ever heard of those famous singers? Those people who's jobs are to sing and act?" I nodded. "Well i'm one of those people. I have girls and boys just like you who come and hear me sing. I love my job, but sometimes it gets scary. There are big men with cameras who try to take pictures of you and scream things at you. Whenever I leave my house I see them. Once everyone finds out about you they'll want to take pictures of you too Mac. But you just have to ignore them. If they even touch you once. You need to tell me. Since we're going to the mall tomorrow for new clothes for you we will probably see a lot of them. But I pinkie promise I won't let anyone or anything hurt you ever again okay?" Demi held out her pinkie. I raised mine and hooked it with hers. 

  *DING DONG*

    Demi's face lit up. "Pizza's here!" 

      She bounded down the steps while I slowly walked after her. I haven't exactly mastered stairs yet, and I fell a lot. Like A LOT. By the time I got down the stairs and into the kitchen Demi was paying the delivery man. She walked back into the foir and saw me sitting at the dining room table. "You wanna eat on the couch and watch a movie?" I nodded happily. Movies at the orphanage were a special occasion because they cost money. We walked into the living room and sat on the big purple couch. It was really really soft. Demi pulled a blanket over us and set the box on the table, grabbing one for each of us. "Have you seen The Lion King?" I shook me head. "Well that's one of my favorites so we can watch that." I just sat there eating my pizza, then the movie absorbed me. I really liked Simba. I leaned back into Demi when the Hyena part came. She wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close. I snuggled into her. There is something about Demi that makes me feel safe. Sitting there, cuddling on the couch. I felt like nothing could go wrong. 

     Demi's POV    

    After about ten minutes of eating in a comfortable silence Mac put down her plate on the table and sat back, leaning into me. Acting without thinking I pulled her close. I guess it was my 'maternal instincts' kicking in. Mac started snuggling closer to me. I began to think about how much life has changed from last night, and what has yet to come.