Chuck E' Cheese!

CHAPTER 65

Demi's POV

            Mac squealed in excitement as we pulled into the Chuck E' Cheese parking lot, "MOMMAAA." I smiled and turned around when I finished parking, "You excited?" Mac nodded eagerly, so I got her out of the carseat, and walked in. 

             I kept my sunglasses on, and my hood up, but Mac bounced right along to where the guy was standing to mark our wrists. "ID?" He said, I showed him that I was over 18, which is a stupid rule, and we walked in. Mac's eyes widened at the sight before her. Candy, stuffed animals, games and kids running everywhere, she was in heaven. She started to run away, but I picked her up, "Whoa there baby! We have to go get some tokens before we play games." Mac nodded, and we walked over to the counter. "I'll have 100 dollars worth of tokens." The cashier's eyes widened as I handed him my black American Express card, and got me a bucket. "I-I just need to see ID." He stammered out. "Sure!" I showed him my license and his eyes got even bigger. "It's a pleasure to have you Mrs. Lovato. If there is anything you need throughout your time here, we will be happy to provide." I nodded, "Thank you so much." Mac eagerly grabbed the bucket so I laughed and walked away. 

           "What do you wanna play first babe?" I asked her, as we walked hand in hand through the games, Mac saw the ride 'Ski Lift' and immediately squealed, "That one momma! That one!" She let go of my hand and ran to it, I quickly followed her, since there was no line. Mac jumped right onto the seat, "C'mon momma!" I smiled, "I'm too big for this ride, But I'll be standing right here!" Mac nodded and more kids got on the ride. It beeped and whistled, then took them into the air, over our heads and around the huge building, Someone tapped my leg and I looked down to see a little girl, "Hi sweetie." I said gently, and bent down to her height. She looked really shy, "A-Are you.. D-Demi Lovato?" I smiled, and nodded, "Yep!" The girl smiled, "C-Can you sign this?" She held out a notebook, I saw she already had Selena's and Justin's. "Whoa you must have some serious luck to meet Justin Bieber?" The girl grinned and nodded, handing me a pen. I quickly wrote a cute message then did my big, loopy signature. "There you go!" the girl smiled sweetly, "Thank you so much! I love you!" She blurted out the last part then quickly covered her mouth. I laughed, "I love you too!" Her mom came up and thanked me, then took the girl's and and walked away.

              I turned back to the ride but saw it had ended, and Mac was no where to be found. I craned my neck as my panic started to increased. "Mac" I called in relief Nothing. I walked around for about five minutes before finally spotting her sitting at a table at the food bar with her head in her hands. "Mac?" She looked up, saw me, and then put her head back down. I sat down next to her, and put a hand on her back. "No!" She scooted away from me, "Mac?" I asked again, this time in confusion. She just shook her hand and turned away from me. "Mac what's wrong? What happened?" She just sat there, I silently moved towards her, and took her arm, ignoring her when she tried to pull away. "Babygirl what happened?" Mac just looked at me with anger, "Leave. Me. Alone!" She ripped her arm away and ran back into the vat of kids that had just walked in. I sighed, and went after her. 

             I found her sitting under the giant tube jungle gym, I slowly walked towards her, but she saw me coming and stood up, "Mackenzie!" I yelled, and she ran into the jungle gym. Muttering under my breath, I took off my shoes and socks and ran after her. 

               I haven't been in one of these since I was ten. I groaned as I hit my head yet again on the shelves you were supposed to climb up. "Move it lady!" A boy yelled, and shot past me. I mouth curses after him and finally got to the top. A kid rushed past me and threw himself headfirst down the slide. the maternal side of me wanted to yell. 'That's not safe!" But the teenager inside of me wanted to do the same thing. I went in the other direction, keeping my eyes open for a flash of pink shirt or brown hair. I was just about to give up and go stand at the slide before I spotted her, the sketcher's light up sneakers paved my way to finding her, sitting in a circled out bowl-thing, crying. The sight was heartbreaking, especially to know that I might have been the one to cause it. I crawled into the tube, "Mac?" She lifted her head and tried to get around my but I gently pulled her onto my lap. "Mac please tell me what's wrong." Mac shook her head and buried herself into my neck, crying. I hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head. "What happened?" Mac pulled away from me and tried to get away again but I pulled her back down. "Ma-" "DEENA'S HERE." She interrupted me with a shriek. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who's Deena?" Mac sniffled, "You remember her. She's the one you were going to take at the... the.. Orph..The care home! She said that you wanted to take her, but she was already getting adopted so you settled for me! She said you were going to take me back! I'm sorry for whatever I did! I'm sorry Mama!" Tears came to my eyes as my daughter begged me not to do something I never even thought about doing. "Mac. Mac! Listen to me. Baby I am NEVER. EVER. Going to take you back to the Orphanage. EVER. You will never go back there. I won't allow it. I swear to god I won't. I need you to believe me on this. I'm never letting you go." Mac sniffled, "Never?" I kissed her forehead,

"Never ever.

Okaay, This was cute. C'mon. bahaha

400,000 FUCKING READS?!?!?!? 

This book has done so well in the past couple of months. But really, I don't even care about the reads or what number I am. Because honestly? I enjoy writing and I happy I can share it with you guys<3 

Comment and Vote! 

Any ideas?! 

-Rachel(: