Bad dream

CHAPTER 30

Mac's POV

Me and Jason were playing blocks and watching t.v. for a while before I started to get sleepy. "Jason?" I said, "Yeah Mac?" I yawned, "I tired." I rubbed my eyes. "You wanna take a nap?" I nodded and held out my arms for him to carry me to my bed.

He put me down on the bed and I snuggled into it. "Sweet Dreams Mackenzie." He said and walked out, shutting the door behind him. I ran over and locked it, I wanted to sleep for a long time, and I knew Demi would wake me up when she got home. I laid back down in the bed and closed my eyes.

*** DREAM****

"NO!" I screamed as I watched my daddy and Brad hurt Demi. Brad punched Demi in the stomach and she whimpered. "NO PLEASE" I screamed as my daddy flicked out a knife and began to hurt Demi even more. I continued to yell Demi's name and closed my eyes as her screams filled the room. "BOOM." A loud crash shook the room and I screamed louder. Hands that I couldn't see shook me. "NO! NO! NO! NO!" I yelled over again until someone hugged me and said. my name.

"Mackenzie. Open your eyes. You're dreaming." My eyes flew open and I saw Demi hugging me tightly. Jason stood beside her, with the door kicked open. I burst into tears.

______________________________________________________________________________

Demi's POV

I raced home in my car, the roads, thank fully, were clear and barely any cars. Once I screeched into the driveway threw open the door and ran inside. I could hear Mac's screams from here. Over and over, "NO DON'T HURT DEMI PLEASE." I began to sob and took the stairs two at a time to where Jason was, outside Mac's room. He was trying to pick the lock with a bobby pin. "Just kick it in." Jason looked at me like I was crazy. "Do you fucking hear this? Her screaming? Kick. The. Door. In." Jason sighed and got up. "Step back." He warned, I backed up down the hallway. "BOOM." Jason's foot hit the door and it crumpled like aluminum foil. I ran past him into the room, Mac was squirming on her bed, screaming her head off. I began to shake her desperately. "NO NO NO NO NO." She yelled louder. I gave us and just hugged her and said over and over again, "Mackenzie open your eyes, You're dreaming."

Suddenly the squirming and the screaming stopped. Mac opened her eyes, she looked at me, at Jason, and at the door. Then, "MOMMY!" Mac screamed and threw herself into my arms. I hugged her back and motioned for Jason to leave. He walked out with a wave. I laid down on the bed with her and stroked her back. "Babygirl what happened? What's wrong?" I said in a worried voice. "B-Bad d-dweam" mac blubbered in her adorable baby voice. "Can you tell me about it?" I asked. Mac whimpered and shook her head. She buried her face into my neck. "C'mon baby, no ones going to hurt you, i'm here." Mac shook head and whispered "Not me. You Mommy." Mac whispered. I was silent, "Oh babygirl, Don't worry about me. I'm not going anywhere. Its my job to worry about you." Mac just shook her head and hugged me tighter. "Can you tell me about your bad dream?" She sighed, and lifted her head out of the crook of my neck and set it on my shoulder. "My D-Daddy and B-Brad they were hurting you. H-Hitting you..." Mac trailed off and started crying again. "Mackenzie, you are never going to be hurt by them again i promise. There is no way they can touch you again. I promise i will always be here to prevent that." Mac sniffled and snuggled into me. "I'm sorry you had to come home for me." I pulled her into my warmth. "Darling you don't ever have to be sorry for needing me. I'm your mommy, you're supposed to need me. Even if you want me for the smallest thing. I won't ever be mad. No matter what i'm doing. You are my number one priority in life." I lifted her head up with my hand and looked into her big brown eyes "And I love you so much." Mac smiled faintly, and said, "I love you too momma." I knelt my head against hers, and said, as I will never stop saying, "Always."

  So Merry Christmas! Hoep you guys had a great time with your families! Happy new years! 

Almost 40K reads?!?!?!? Crazy! Love you all <3

-Rachel