I love you.

CHAPTER 13

    Demi's POV  

    Today is the day Mac is meeting my family. Im so excited, but I can tell mac is really hesitant. She probably thinks they won't like her, which is understandable, yet totally absurd at the same time. My family is DYING to meet Mac. The only reason they didn't come flying out to welcome her own is because I had convinced them not to. I knew THAT would just freak her out to no end. I laid in bed for another couple of minutes, until a knock sounded at my door. "Come in baby." I called. Mac shuffled into my room and climbed up on my bed. "How you feelin'?" I said. Mac shrugged. "Nervous?" I asked. She nodded and then hugged me tightly. She was shaking. "Baby there's nothing to be nervous about. My mom already loves you. I send her pictures everyday. She's so happy, I have two sisters, Dallas and Maddie. All they'll want to do is hug you and take pictures with you." Mac nodded but continued to hold onto me. I checked my phone, 9:30. The family was landing at 10:25, I live fairly close to LAX. "We should get you ready. You need to shower right?" Mac nodded. "Okay let's go" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           Mac tugged on her dress, and shuffled her feel and twisted her hands. I squatted in front of her. "Hey, it's going to be okay. They'll love you." She nodded then threw herself into my arms. I nearly fell over. "I love you babygirl." The words just slipped out. Mac froze. Then stepped back, shaking her head. She stood stock straight. Her hands to her sides. When I moved towards her she flinched. "What's wrong? What did I do? Are you okay?" The words tumbled out of my mouth. Mac looked up. From her face i could tell that this had to do with her father. Without saying anything and ignoring her when she flinched. I pulled her towards me and looked into her eyes. Brown into brown. "I want you to understand me right now. I will NEVER EVER physically harm you. I will never raise my hand against you and I will kill anyone who ever does. Mackenzie Ray Lovato. I love you with all of my heart. I know i'll never replace your mother, and that you may never open up to me and speak but i'm serious and I mean it with all my heart when I say that I love you. And that I would give my life for you." Tears filled Mac's eyes. She threw her arms around me and then, I did fall over. I stroked her hair while and gripped me so tight, I thought she would never let go. Then she pulled away and looked at me. Mac took a big breath and opened her mouth to speak. Just then, a knock on the door sounded.