Don't Forget

(READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE @ END)

CHAPTER 98

Demi's POV 

               Nick and I were just finishing the song when Mac twitched a little and opened her eyes, "Mommy?" I gasped and looked down into her perfect brown eyes, "Mac?! Oh my God my baby." I pulled her onto my lap and hugged her tightly. Mac burst into tears and gripped me harder, "Nick hit the nurse button- oh my God baby it's okay, I'm here." The doctor came running in and smiled, "Hey Mac! You're awake!" She refused to let go of me as the doctor examined her, "Mac I need you to turn around." The doctor said gently, taking her arm. "NO!" She screamed, and held me in a death grip. He looked up at me for help, "Mac. I need you to let go of me." She shook her head and I sighed, I hate scolding or disciplining her. "Mackenzie. Let go." I said firmly. Slowly, she loosened her grip on me and I pulled away, walking over to Nick in the corner. Mac sat silently while the doctor examined her for about ten minutes. Finally, he took the wires out of her and stood up. Mac got up and ran across the bed, literally jumping at me off of the bed. I lurched forward and caught her mid-air, she nuzzled into my neck and wrapped her legs around my waist. "Well here are your discharge papers and a perscription for maximum strength calcium pills." I nodded, and walked out. As soon as we was gone I turned so Mac was in between Nick and I, and leaned into him. He wound his arms around both of us and we stood like that for a few minutes, taking in the fact that everything was now okay. "Mommy?" I kissed her forehead, "Yeah babygirl?" "I'm hungry." 

~*~

            "Thank you guys so much! You guys were an awesome audience the entire night! But, I have one more surprise for you!" I yelled into the microphone to the crowd. The screamed and clapped as Nick came out, carrying Mac in one arm and a guitar in the other. "Recently, this little munchkin gave me quite a scare. So since you guys were so great about pushing back the concert, I'm gonna sing 'Don't Forget' with them tonight." The crowd roared and I smiled as Mac waved shyly. Nick carefully put her down and I squatted to her level, "Come here babygirl." Instantly, the crowd "Awwww'd" I smiled at them proudly, "Hey Mac, you wanna help momma sing?" Mac nodded, "Do you know the words?" Again, she nodded. "Alright then!" I nodded at the band and we all began the opening chords, Nick on the acoustic guitar, me on the electric and Mac sitting on the steps with the too-big microphone in her tiny hands. 

Did you forget, that I was even alive? 
Did you forget, everything we ever had? 
Did you forget? Did you forget, about me? 

Did you regret. ever standing by my side?
Did you forget, what we were feeling inside?
Now I'm left, to forget, about us. 

       Nick and I stopped singing so Mac could take the chorus, her voice was smooth and even, beautiful for a five year old. (A/N; I'm making her five years old definitely. I messed the age a couple of chapters ago) 

But somewhere we went wrong. 
We were once so strong. 
Our love was like a song, 
You can't forget it. 

Nick joined in then, overpowering Mac. 

So now I guess, this is where we have to stand,
Did you regret, ever holding my hand? 
Never again, please don't forget, us. 

Then, it was my turn. 

We had it all, we were just about to fall, 
Even more in love, then we were before. 
I won't forget, I won't forget, us. 

But somewhere we went wrong, 
We were once so strong. 
Our love is like a song, you can't forget it.... 

     Nick and I nodded and Mac who giggled and jumped around with us as we rocked out on the guitars, slamming the strings and belting out the lyrics. 

Somewhere we went wrong! 
We were once so strong!!
Our love was like a song, 
You can't forget it, at all.... 

And at last, all the pictures have been burned, 
And the past, is just a lesson that we've learned. 
I won't forget, please don't forget, us.