Fix a heart.

CHAPTER 83

Demi's POV 

          I sat in the recording booth for at least an hour, hysterically crying. There was a knock on the door and I looked up, my vision was blurred but I could see it was Mac standing outside the door. I began to cry harder, she opened the door and stepped inside the room.  She didn't say anything, she just sat next to me while I cried. 

            After another hour, the bus slowed down, and rolled to a stop. We'd arrived at the venue. Footsteps came onto the bus. Then, "Demi? Where are you?" I burst into tears again, I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to tell anyone what happened, I don't want to move. I just want to sit here with Mac and cry. "Demi?" The voice called again, Mac looked at me, then got up and left the room. I curled onto my side on the floor and buried my face in my arms. I heard footsteps, the someone gasped. The person touched my back and turned me over. I stared blankly into Natalie's concerned eyes. "Demi." She said slowly, "What happened?" I whimpered, and turned back onto my face, covering it with my arms. "Mac, go get ready princess, we'll be out in a second. I heard a door shut, then someone turned me over and pulled me into a sitting position. I began to feel the numbness chipping at me, urging me not to feel the pain. I clapped my hands over my ears as the voices started, 

"See? You're not good enough for him." 

"She's so much skinnier than you." 

"She's prettier than you too." 

"Look at her, she's perfect."

"He loves HER. Not YOU. How could he ever love someone like you?" 

"This is all your fault Demi. You disgust me." 

"This is why you should listen to US." 

"Don't feel Demi, it's so much easier." 

               My resolve broke. I stopped crying and sat up straighter, allowing the numbing to saturate my body. I looked up, and saw Natalie staring at me with a mix of confusion and concern. "What happened?" I sighed, "Nothing. I'm fine." Immediately, Natalie grabbed my hands. "No Demi. I know what you're thinking. Don't give in. Come back to me." I shook my head, "I'm fine Natalie." I went to stand up but she pushed me back down against the wall, looking into my dead eyes. "Demi. No. Think of Mac, you can't shut down. Don't do this. Tell me what happened." I just stared at her. she sighed in frustration and saw my phone on the floor. In a flash she snatched it up, holding it out of my reach when  I tried to pull it back. She unlocked it, and I knew the article would be the first thing to pop up. She read the story quickly, understanding dawning on her face. She sighed, then tapped on m phone some more, finally turning around and shoving the screen into my face. 

               A picture, of Nick and I was on the screen. Nick was kissing my cheek while I was smiling like an idiot. A piece of my numbness fell away but it was quickly fixed by the demons within. I turned my head away but Natalie grabbed my chin and forced me to watch the slide show. It went through hundreds of pictures of Nick and I being complete idiots, being cute with Mac, and sappy with each other. By the time she was done, I was hysterically crying again. "S-Stop." I begged, but I couldn't look away. Natalie locked the phone and I peeled my eyes away from the now black screen to look at her face. She was looking at me with eyes full of pity. "Demi. I know it's hard, but you have to feel the pain. You can't numb yourself. Mac needs you, and your fans need you. Okay?" I nodded, but continued to sob. Natalie pulled me into a hug and comforted me while I cried. It's not that I'm angry he cheated, because Wilmer cheated, I could have handled that. But the fact that it's Nick? Nick, the person who swore to never ever hurt me. Nick, my rock in my darkest hour. Nick, the man that i'm completely in love with. He broke my heart.