Lightweight

CHAPTER 33

   Mac's POV  

    I woke up without Demi. Last night I had cried a lot and watched a movie with Jason. I didn't even eat. When it was time to go to bed, I had begged Jason to let me sleep in Demi's room. I knew she was going to come back like she said, and sing to me. Like she promised. I had tried to stay awake as long as I could, but I fell asleep after an hour or two. Demi came home later, and slept with me, but she didn't sing. 

     I walked sleepily down the stairs. Jason was sitting on the couch watching the news. "Hey kiddo! You finally woke up! It's like 11 o'clock!" I looked around, "Where's Mommy?" Jason's smiled dropped, "Oh she had work early this morning, management called her in. She said to tell you she's really sorry." I just nodded and sat next to him on the couch. "You hungry?" He asked, I shook my head. "Mac you didn't even eat dinner last night, are you sure?" I nodded. Jason sighed, "If I call Demi and let you talk to her will you eat?" I nodded happily. He pulled out his phone, tapped a couple of buttons and put it to his ear. He waited for a minute and then put the phone down, "No answer, sorry Mac, but you gotta eat. Demi'll kill me if I don't make you. I sighed, and then nodded again. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Demi's POV  

     When I woke up, Mac was wrapped around me and my phone was blaring it's ringtone. I looked at the ID and it said "Phil." I groaned internally. "Hello." I answered grumpily. "Hey Dems, Sorry, did I wake you up? Well we need you in the studio now. We've got a ton of work to do if you want this album released in September we have got to get moving. Serious crunch time." "Fine, i'll be there in twenty." I snapped into the phone. I untangled myself from Mac and stumbled to the bathroom. Ugh, I so don't want to get dressed. I wonder if I could get away with sweats and a t-shirt. I decided to do just that and Threw on a fresh pair of adidas dance sweats and a plain black tee. I walked back to the bed, kissed Mac's forehead and walked downstairs to the security room. Max and Jason were there, watching the monitors and practicing new moves on each other. When they saw me Max got off Jason immediately and stood up. "Hey Max, I gotta go into the studio, do you want to follow me in the escalade?" Max nodded and turned to get his earpiece. "Jason, I need you to watch Mac for the day, make sure she eats and call Max if there's any problems. I'll be super busy so please make it emergencies only." Jason nodded and walked out into the kitchen to fix breakfast. I turned to Max who was waiting with both sets of keys. "Ready?" He said, I just walked out. So NOT a morning person. 

        Once I got into the studio I was rushed into a booth to do warm-ups with my vocal coach. She handed me a huge cup of hot tea and told me to do the usual. Which consisted of scales and lip buzzing. Once vocals were done they gave me the sheet music I was recording today. It's called Lightweight. I wrote it last year, when I was in treatment and Wilmer was my rock. It makes me smile just thinking about him. Phil gave me thumbs up through the glass and the music started. 

  The slightest words you said, have all gone to my head,

I hear angels sing in your voice. 

When you pull me close, feelings i've never known

they mean everything, and leave me no choice

Light on my heart, Light on my feet. 

Light in your eyes, I can't even speak.

Do you even know, how you make me weak?

I'm a lightweight, better be careful what you say, 

With every word I'm blown away, you're in control of my heart. 

I'm a lightweight easy to fall easy to break 

With every move my whole world shakes, 

keep me from falling apart. 

Make a promise please, you'll always be in reach 

Just in case I need, you there when I call. 

This is all so new, seems too good to be true. 

Could this really be, a safe place to fall?

Light on my heart, Light on my feet, 

Light in your eyes, I can't even speak. 

Do you even know, how you make we weak. 

I'm a lightweight, Better be careful what you say 

With every word i'm blown away.

You're in control of my heart. Keep me form falling apart.

Keep me from falling down drowned in your love, 

it's almost all too much.

Handle with care, Say you'll be there

Oh, I'm a lightweight, better be careful what you say, 

With every word I'm blown away, you're in control of my heart. 

I'm a lightweight easy to fall easy to break 

With every move my whole world shakes, 

keep me from falling apart. 

Keep me form falling apart, 

falling apart.   

    I belted out the song, then faded out after the last line. When I looked up, everyone in the booth was silent and staring at me. I shifted uncomfortably. Phil was the first one to speak. "Holy Shit." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

  Mac's POV   

   Me and Jason have been playing dolls for hours. It's starting to get boring. He's not very good at it like Demi is. "Hey Jason?" I said, he looked at me, "Yeah Mac?" I looked down, "Do you think Demi still likes me?" Jason stopped playing with the doll. "Mackenzie, Demi loves you more than anything in the entire world. She's just been really busy lately. Just because she doens't say it as often, doesn't mean it isn't true." I nodded, and looked down. "Hey why don't we go get some ice cream?" All thoughts of Demi were pushed away, "Yeah!" 

Okay I know it's short and kind of a filler i guess but yeah I hope you guys are having agreat new year!(: I can't believe how much this story has blown up since I first started writing it! Oh, and follow me on twitter if you can(: @Lovatic_chica Thanks! 

-Rachel