Skyscraper.

CHAPTER 57

Demi's POV 

       I sat on the stage as the light were dark. I hear the audience murmuring and the adrenaline and excitement coursed through my veins. I'm about to perform 'Skyscraper' on America's Got Talent. I was nervous, not because of being on T.V, or the judges, or even the crowd. No, I was nervous because of the huge set of stairs that was before me. Demi + Stairs = Demi on her ass at the bottom. Yes, it's happened before. Then, the music started, and I raised my mic.

Skies are crying, I am watching, Catching teardrops in my hands. 

Only silence has it's ending. Like we never had a chance

Do you have to, make me feel like there's nothing left of me. 

You can take everything I have, You can break everything I am. 

Like i'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. 

And go one and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground. 

           I stood up, and someone in the audience cheered.

Like a skyscraper. Like a skyscraper. 

           I began the slow descent down the stairs as I focused on not tripping or messing up the words. 

As the smoke clears, I awaken, and untangle you from me. 

Would it make you, feel better, to watch me while I bleed.

All my windows, still are broken, but i'm standing on my feet.

       I made it safely to the ground and walked forward on the stage, the crowd cheered. 

You can take everything I have, You can break everything I am. 

Like I'm made of glass, like i'm made of paper! 

And go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground. 

      I walked over to the piano and sat on the seat. 

Like a skyscraper, Like a skyscraper. 

    Then I turned and began to play the melody, setting the Mic in the stand. 

Go run run run, I'm gonna stay right here, watch you disappear, yeah. 

Go run run run yeah it's a long way down, but i am closer to the clouds up here. 

         I took the microphone form the stand and softly sang, 

You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am, 

Like i'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. 

       My voice had risen in volume and now I was belting as I stalked to center stage where a fan blew my hair back. 

Ohhh go on and TRY TO TEAR ME DOWN. I will be rising from the ground.

Like a skyscraperrrr, Like a skyscraper. 

Like a skyscraper. 

      I softly sang the last line as the audience exploded with cheers and whistles. I smiled, and did a mini curtsy. Then Nick Cannon came walking up. "Wow! Talk about talent! Miss Demi Lovato! That was amazing!" I smiled, "Thank you!" "Man, wow! Skyscraper is out now! Her new album Unbroken dropped, Yesterday! So make sure you go cop that!" I giggled at his choice of words and nodded. "When we come back, it's a tense time for the acts still waiting, we'll be right back." I cheesily gave a thumbs up to the cameras and waved to a few people in the audience. Nick gave me one last hug, then escorted me backstage. 

          I was ushered into a beautiful dressing room after I got off stage, I changed out of the beautiful black dress into sweats and a t-shirt, then put my hair up. I sat down to take off my make-up but a knock on the door interrupted me. "Come in!" I called, Figuring it was Mac ad Natalie. "What, can't even open the door for me?" a familiar voice said. I whipped around to see..... 

Who do you think it is?(; 

     I'll update in an hour or so b/c I want to see what you guys are thinking! 

Soorryyy(:

-Rachel