Diner, and family?

CHAPTER 12

   Mac's POV

    When I woke up, my eyes were sore from all of the flashes and my ears were ringing. I was wrapped around Demi like a monkey and Demi was sleeping. Suddenly i realized it wasn't my ears ringing it was the alarm clock on her phone. Grabbing it i slid to shut it off but was greeted with a passcode. Hm.. Demi? I tried and it buzzed, accidentally dropping the phone I looked back at Demi, she was still sleeping even though i had no idea how. This next try had to be right. Then i wondered... Mac was too short, but Mack? I pushed the buttons slowly and after the 'K' the alarm shut off and it opened. Her backround was a picture of me and her that Demi had snapped at a place called starbucks. I got apple juice while Demi got something that smelled really good but tasted really gross. She laughed so hard at my face after I took a sip that we had to leave because fans were finding us. 

      I was tempted to look through the rest of the phone but I didn't really know how to work it and was afraid I would break something, so I locked it. I laid there for a few more minutes before II realized that the alarm would have been on for a reason. I shook Demi was she just pulled me into a inescapable embrace. Ugh shes so difficult. I pried myself out of her arms and shook her again. Nothing. Then  I remembered something my mom used to do when i wouldn't wake up. Smiling i looked back at Demi was wondered if she too, was super ticklish. I grabbed her sides and ran my hands up and down. Her eyes shot open and she screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I started giggling and tickled her some more. My hands shot up into her armpits and she squirmed and wriggled underneath me my giggles turned to laughter when all of a sudden Demi flipped us and turned on me. I managed not to yell and scream but i couldn't contain my laughter. then she flopped back next to me. "What the heck was that for?" I gestured towards her phone. "Did it go off and I didn't wake up?" Demi said. I nodded. She smiled "Well that was a pretty sucky way of waking me up!" She said and scooped me up, walking downstairs. 

         She set me on the table. "So what do you want for dinner?" Demi said. I thought about it, then shrugged my shoulders. "Well I cannot cook for my life, i'm learning, but for now that wouldn't work out. How about we just go to a little diner, there's one down the road that I'm a regular at." I nodded I had never been to a diner before. I wonder if it sells sandwiches. "We don't need bodyguards but I can bring Jason and Max if it makes you feel better." I shook my head. Jason was really nice and I felt really safe around him, but I just wanted it to be me and Demi. "Okay then, let's go!" Demi grabbed her purse, picked me up again, and walked out the door. 

            The drive was only about 10 minutes. I love car rides. Especially with Demi. She turned up the music really loud and sung along. I couldn't get over how good she was. I don't know how she does it. When we pulled into the paarking lot there was no paparazzi. Demi had called ahead and they set up a table towards the back, secluded just in case. 

            The kid menu was made up of chicken tenders with french fries, Mozzarella sticks with french fries or a hamburger with french fries. I've never had any of them. I looked at Demi confused. "Want me to order for you?" Demi said smiling. I just nodded. Me and Demi already knew what the other is thinking. She always knew what I was trying to say just by looking at me. "Well chicken fingers are a go to, every kid likes chicken fingers. Let's see, burgers are good too. Basically you'll like any of them." I pointed at the chicken fingers. Demi nodded. Soon the waitress came over, "What can I get you guys?" She said while smiling hugely. Demi blinked and said "Uhh can we have the pasta with Alfredo sauce for me and chicken fingers with french fries for her?" Demi said. "Uhh yeah and drinks?" "I'll have a diet coke and she'll have an apple juice." Demi looked at me for approval. I nodded. "Great! They'll be right out!" Then she walked away. "I think i've met her at a meet and greet." Demi whispered to me. That would explain the staring. I just shrugged.A few minutes later, our food came. We ate in silence until Demi broke it.

       "So Mac, I was wondering if I could ask you something.." Demi trailed off at the end. Great. Whenever Demi asks me something it's either to go and meet new people or if we can go somewhere. Neither of which I like to do. I just looked at her. "I was wondering if you wanted to meet my family. If it's too soon and this get overwhelming we don't have to, it's just they're really excited about you. And I think you'll like them a lot." I knew it. I weighed my options. Doing this would make Demi really happy, I could see that. But this also meant the added stress of them not liking me. What if they weren't as understanding as Demi with the whole talking thing? I looked at Demi with a scared expression. "Don't worry I've already told them all about you. They know you're a bit quiet." A bit. What an understatement. I nodded my head. "Really?" Demi squealed. I nodded and smiled at her as best as I could.