Welcome to Island 16.

CHAPTER 70

Demi's POV 

          When I opened my eyes dread filled my body. Today's the day everything in my life can either go really good.... or really really bad. I turned over and saw Mac laying next to me, still sound asleep. She looked so tiny and innocent, it's hard to believe that she's endured so much pain and hardships. Anger shot through me as I began to wonder what her father had done to her. I shuddered, and pushed away those thoughts. I couldn't even imagine the amount of pain and torture and fear that has to be instilled into a child to make them go nearly mute. Again, I pushed away those thoughts. Thinking of that made me afraid of this man, and I can't afford to be afraid of Michael Rivera. 

          Max came in about ten minutes after Mac had woken up. We hadn't said anything, she just curled up into my and sighed, laying there with each other was another one of many moments that I wish I could freeze forever. "Demi, It's time." Max said quietly. We had decided to go see an early movie because of the less people, which meant less danger to the public. I nodded, and turned to Mac, she smiled, but I could see right through it. She was scared, hell, we all were scared. I kissed her forehead, "It's gonna be okay babygirl." 

 ~*~

        Mac and I 'snuck' out through the backdoor and to my car. They had purposely hadn't stationed people near the garage so it didn't look suspicious. I quickly put her in the car seat and backed out of the driveway. The drive to the movies was silent, but full of meaning. I knew Mac didn't want to do this, but what choice did I have? 

         We pulled into the parking lot and Mac took a shaky breath, looking out of the window. I looked too and saw a blacked out jeep doing the same thing as us. Maybe it's just my instincts, but I felt weird about that car. But I knew it wasn't Mac's dad. I parked in the front of the theatre and got out, as I bent down to unbuckle her I frantically whispered, "Don't worry babygirl, I won't let anyone hurt you." MAc smiled and nodded, I didn't trust my voice to say anything else so I just lifted her out of the carseat, and walked into the building. 

          "Welcome to island 16! What can I do for you?" The preppy cashier girl said to me brightly, I pretended to look at the movie selection. "Uhm... two tickets for Winnie the Pooh please." She nodded and and punched in something on the computer, "That'll be... 21.75." I handed her my credit card and her eyes widened at the name on the card, along with the fact that it was the black american express. She swiped the card and handed it back to me, "T-Thank you Miss Lovato." I smiled politely at her and then went into the move theatre. The security had briefed me on wat exact seats to sit in, about ten men with their wives and kids were in there. The undercover security that was going to capture Michael as soon as he made his move. I took a deep breath and sat down. In that moment, I was incredibly grateful for my acting skills. They were the only thing that was keeping the outside of me calm and happy, while the inside of me raged with anxiety. I forced myself to concentrate on the film, I felt my phone vibrate, it was a signal from Max to leave the theatre. "Hey babygirl, I have to use the bathroom." I went to pick her up but she said her line, "Can't I stay momma? I wanna see this part." I sighed, "Fine, but don't move." She nodded solemnly and I couldn't help but admire her lying skills. Maybe after this is over I'd get her into acting school... Ugh not the time Demi. I went outside and into the bathroom. My phone vibrated again so I looked at it. 

From: MAXIE! 

Demi you need to get up and go to the bathroom now. It's time. 

From; MAXIE! 

Demi you have to leave NOW. 

To; MAXIE! 

I'm in the bathroom now? 

              Within seconds my phone rang, it was Max. "Hello?" "Demi! This isn't good. What theatre are you in?!" I looked down at my ticket stub, "Seven.." "Fuck!" Max basically yelled into the phone. "What?!" I could hear Max start to run. "Demi stay there don't move!" I hung up and did exactly the opposite. I ran towards my daughter. I burst through the bathroom door just in time to see a man walking swiftly from the theater into the lobby with a bundle in his arms. "NO!" I yelled, he turned and I saw his face. It;s was Mac's dad. He started running and I went after him. He slammed through the doors and into the parking lot. He got ten steps before the huge jeep wrangler from before squealed to a stop in front of him. Rivera stopped short, the driver got out and I nearly fainted with relief. Nick. 

            Nick's hulking frame stood in front of the smaller man. "Give me the girl." Nick stated. It was clear that saying no was not an option. I walked forward and ripped Mac from his arms. In another second, Nick grabbed Rivera and slammed him against the car, holding him there. Max ran out from the building with about ten cops dressed him normal attire behind him. He grabbed Rivera from Nick and cuffed him. They began to lead him away but I stopped them, "Hang on for a second." Max looked at me confused. I handed Mac to him and walked up to Rivera, getting inches away from him face. He smirked at me, and that did it. I brought my hand up and smacked him across the face as hard as I possibly could, using my nails to drag across his skin. He let out a yell and fell away from me. I lifted his head and stared him in the eyes, my nails had left red scratches that would turn to scars on his cheek.

"I'm going to tell you one last fucking time. Stay. Away. From. My. Daughter." 

OKAY THAT WAS SO WORTH THE WAIT RIGHT. C'MON SO INTENSE. AND MOMMA DEMI CAME OUT. 

Annnnnyywaayysss... 

Comment what you thought! Was it too much? 

Don't forget to vote!(: 

Are you guys ready for Nemi?(; 

Next update: 550,000

Love you all! 

-Rachel