Fix a heart

CHAPTER 27

 Mac's POV 

****Dream****

"NO! NO! NO! NO!" I squealed in pain as my daddy hurt me, he slapped and kicked me in the stomach, "Shut up bitch." He growled. Suddenly, the doory opened and a man walked in. "Brad, Hey! You want a piece of this when i'm done?" My daddy said to the man. He smirked. "Hell yeah." He unzipped his pants and stepped foward, "No no no!" Someone began to shake me,

***End Dream*** 

  "Mac! Mac! Mackenzie!" Demi said as she shook me awake. I began to sob, "Don't let them hurt me mommy!" Demi pulled me into a hug, "I won't baby. I promise I won't." Sobs shook my body, Demi squeezed me tighter and began to sing, 

  It's probably what's best for you, 

I only want the best for you

And if i'm not the best then you're stuck.

I tried to sever ties and I, ended up with wounds to bind

Like you're pouring salt in my cuts. 

And I just ran out of bandaids, I don't even know where to start

Cause you can bandage the damage, 

but you never really can fix a heart.

Even though I know it's wrong, How could I be so sure?

If you never say what you feel, feel.

I must have held your hand so tight, You didn't have the will to fight.

I guess you needed more time to heal

Baby I just ran out, of bandaids, I don't even know where to start, 

Cause you can bandage the damage, 

You never really can fix a heart

ohhh noo

you must be a miracle worker, 

swearing up and down you can fix what's been broken, yeah.

Please dont, get my, hopes up no no. 

baby tell me how could you, but so cruel?

It's like your pouring salt on my cuts. 

      My breathing had evened out by the time Demi had finished singing, the sobs became manageable, and I was in control of myself. We laid in bed for a long time, just laying there, Demi humming softly to herself. I was scared about tomorrow, I had my dad's first appearance trial. It's one of three. On the third the judge would give the verdict. I don't know if I can talk in front of my daddy. "Are you nervous about tomorrow?" Demi's voice broke through my thoughts, I nodded. Demi shifted so she could make eye contact with me, her hand drew patterns on my back. "I'm gonna be there every step of the way. I promise, Max and Jason will be there too. Plus a ton of police officers. There's no way he can hurt you baby. We've gone over what to say with the lawyers. But I promise you that no matter what the outcome is, it's going to be okay. Okay?" Demi said, I nodded again and looked down. "What if I have to go back to my daddy, and he hurts me? What if Brad comes for me?" Demi looked confused, "Who's Brad?" "He's the one my daddy used to get drunk with and hurt me. He was the one who was at Aunt Dallas' house yesterday." Demi looked furious, she took my face in her hands. "Listen to me, If you EVER see Brad again, I need you to tell me, Max or Jason. It's very important, okay?" I nodded. "Good, Now let's get some sleep, we have a big day ahead of us." Demi shifted and clung to her. "Don't worry honey, i'm not going anywhere, I'm just getting another blanket." Demi threw it over us and pulled me close, "Goodnight baby, I love you so much." I snuggled into her warmth, "I love you too momma." 

      And just before my body found sleep, I heard her whisper so soft, i almost didn't hear it; "Always." 

Love you guys! Hope you all having an amazing holiday!

-Rachel