Zane Imagine

No one asked for this but whatever. I heard this song and for some reason thought of Zane. Also I suggest you check out Peter Hollens cause he is a phenomenal singer

Zane's P.O.V

I jolt awake when I hear crying from the incubator. I look at (Y/N)'s bed to see she's dead asleep. Well, I guess that's what giving birth to a baby can do to a woman. I stand up from my chair and walk over to the incubator. I lean over the incubator to get a closer look at our son. When he catches sight of me his cries die down. He's still crying, but just not as loud.

"Hey now," I cooed. "there's no need to cry. You're going to wake up your mommy. She's really tired from bringing you into this world. Can you stop crying for her?" As if he could actually understand, he stopped crying.

"There we go." I cooed, picking him up from the incubator. He's supposed to go home tomorrow, so it wouldn't hurt if I picked him up for a little bit, right? (A/N actually yes Zane it could hurt the baby but whatever)

I rocked him a bit in my arms and smiled. I can't believe (Y/N) and I created this seemingly perfect bundle in my arms.

"Hey Zander," I whispered to my son. "do you want to hear a song I've been working on? It's supposed to be for you, but what better time to sing it than now?" Not many people know I write songs, only (Y/N) and Garroth. I willingly told (Y/N) and Garroth just caught me when I was writing a song one day. My son gave a small hiccup and I let out a soft laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes." I chuckled. I took off my mask and left a small kiss on his forhead. I hummed a slow melody before starting to really sing.

(A/N you can play the song if you want)

"My ear upon her belly
I listen to the beat
So tiny and so precious
Can't wait until we meet"

I lightly brushed my nose against his, which made him scrunch up his face slightly.

"I'll hold you and protect you
with my entire being
How can a heart have grown so big
For such a little thing?"

This little bundle in my arms has really changed my life. This perfect little boy has opened my eyes to so many thing I wouldn't have seen before, even with (Y/N).

"It's been the longest day
And one I won't forget
The day that we first met

When the nurse first called me daddy
And handed you to me
The tears welled up in my eyes
I found it hard to see
The meeting I had waited for
Finally was here
And everything I couldn't say
Was captured in a tear"

I smiled slightly at the events that just took place hours before. The nurse handing my son to me was one of the most nerve racking things I have ever experienced. But my anxiety was washed away when Zander was placed in my arms.

"It's been the hardest day (hardest day)
And one I won't forget
The day that we first met

The rhythm of the monitor
A slow and steady beat
The faintest glow
The lights alow
Your mother is asleep
My world is in this room
My world is just us three
There's no other place that I would rather be"

I looked up at (Y/N)'s bed. This is where I belong. Right here with my gorgeous wife and my beautiful son. My world. I stayed silent for a moment, trying to think of the next lyrics before singing again.

"So much I wanna give you
So much I wanna say
You've changed my life forever
And it's only been a day
I'll spend a lifetime loving you
Starting from day one
I can't believe you're finally here
My everything, my son"

I looked back down at Zander. Irene, there's so much I want to tell him. That he's changed my life, I will love no matter what, he's my everything. I started to tear up just thinking of these thoughts.

"It's been the greatest day
And one I won't forget
It's been the greatest day
The day that we first met
The day that we first met"

I hummed softly as the song came to an end. "Hey Bro." I quickly turned around, ready to protect Zander at any cost. Oh, it's Garroth. I relaxed my shoulders and went back to looking at my son. I can sense Garroth's presence just in front of me.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" I asked, not looking up from Zander.

"Well, I came here to drop off the car seat, but I heard you singing." I blushed and looked up at him.

"You heard me?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Yes I did. You have a very nice voice, Zane. I hope Zander will get to hear more of it." I would have snapped at him for listening to me sing, but right now the images of singing my son to sleep every night filled my head.

"He will." I said after a moment. I looked down at Zander and smiled. "I will sing for him any time."

Garroth patted my back and set down the car seat before leaving. Right as he left the room, Zander's eyes started to flutter. I looked at him wide-eyed. "C'mon Zander, open your eyes for Daddy." I cooed softly. His eyes fluttered again for a moment before opening fully.

His left eye is an icy blue color like my own, his right eye is a striking (E/C) color like (Y/N)'s. Heterochromia. Rare, but absolutely beautiful and fascinating.

"You're special." I whispered, pulling his small body closer to my chest. "So special and beautiful."

I love you all

~Alyssa