Butterflies

Garroth:

"Garroth look at how pretty it is." You whispered, pointing at multi-colored butterfly resting on the tree branch. You gingerly lifted your index finger to the butterfly, an invitation.

It stayed put for a moment longer before crawling onto your finger. You slowly brought your finger closer to your face, still staring in awe at the beautiful creature. Garroth smiled at you fondly. You were just so cute.

"Isn't it beautiful Garroth?" You sighed.

"It is." Garroth replied, except he wasn't talking about the butterfly.

Suddenly, the butterfly started to flutter its wings and flew off your finger. You made a noise of disappointment as the creature started to fly away. Fortunately, it didn't go far. The butterfly soon flew back toward where you were standing, but only to rest on Garroth's nose. He crossed his eyes as you tried your best to muffle your giggles.

"I guess it likes you." You grinned. After another moment the butterfly flew away, for good this time.

"Wasn't that amazing?" You asked excitedly. Garroth chuckled at your enthusiasm.

"It was. Now let's go home, my butterfly." Garroth said pulling you toward his side and walking home.

Laurance:

"Oh Laurance," You gasped, staring down at the piece of jewelry. "it's beautiful." And it really was. It was a silver necklace with a diamond and silver encrusted butterfly hanging by the chain. "You really didn't have to..." You said trying to find something to say.

"I know, but I wanted to." He smiled, gently taking the necklace and stepping behind you. He put it around your necklace and helped you put it on. "There." He said once he successfully clasped the necklace. He stepped back into your line of sight. "Beautiful." You didn't think he was talking about the necklace, but let it slide. You wrapped your arms around his neck and rested your head on his chest, sighing in content.

"You're amazing. Thank you." You whispered. He chuckled, making his chest vibrate.

"Yeah, I know." You rolled your eyes at his cockiness, but smiled nonetheless. It was who he was, and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Dante:

"Um... Dante? Can I ask you something?" You asked timidly. He looked up at you from his laptop and smiled.

"Sure!" He patted the spot next to him on the couch, signaling for you to sit. You hesitantly walked closer and sat down.

"Okay, promise me you won't stop hanging out with me after I tell you this." You demanded. You didn't want this stupid crush to ruin your friendship with Dante, but you couldn't keep it in any more.

"Of course I won't stop hanging out with you! Why wouldn't I?" He questioned.

"Because I like you!" You blurted. You looked away from his shocked gaze, hiding your flaming face. "I've liked you for a while now and I just had to tell you. When ever I'm around you I get butterflies and it feels like the butterflies beat their wings faster every passing day that I don't tell you how I feel and-" You were cut off from your rant when a pair of soft lips met your. You squeaked in surprise, but soon enough kissed back. When the kiss ended Dante smiled.

"I like you too, (Y/N)."

Travis:

"Eep!" Travis let a rather unmanly squeak when he saw what you had in your hand.

"What's wrong Travis?" You asked innocently, looking down at the butterfly resting in your palm.

"W-Why a-are you so c-calm with that t-thing on you?" He squeaked out, pointing at the insect.

"Because it's pretty! Are you scared of a little butterfly?" You teased, slowly bringing your hand closer to Travis. He let out another shriek and fell backwards onto the ground.

"Make it go away!" He said scooting backwards. Holding in your giggles, you let the butterfly go and stretched your hand out to Travis.

"Okay, okay Travis. It's gone now." You said letting a few giggles slip out.

"Thanks." He muttered, taking your hand and pulling himself up, pouting slightly. You giggled and kissed his pouting lips.

"Let's go home you big baby." You giggled.

Zane:

"Just say right there." You whispered to yourself. Well, mostly toward the butterfly you were drawing. You carefully outlined the butterfly's wing with your pencil, taking into account how hard you were pressing and when you should make each curve of the wing.

It was a pretty quiet day in the park. There was only you and two other people, but you payed no mind to them. The only thing that mattered was the butterfly and your pencil. So what if one of the other two people was walking over to you? Wait, wh-

"Hello." You let out a surprised shriek at the unexpected voice, making the butterfly fly away. You watched in disappointment as the butterfly flew into a nearby tree. You sigh irritatedly and mentally prepared a rant to throw at the person who scared you.

"What the heck was that fo-" You turned toward the stranger and your words immediately dies on your tongue. The stranger was very cute. He looked down at your unfinished drawing and looked back up at you with a sheepish smile. Well, you think he smiled. You couldn't tell with his mask in the way.

"Uh, sorry for bothering you. My friend pushed me over here and I just thought you were pretty and maybe you wanted to go out some time but you look busy so I'll just go." He rambled, spinning on his heal and starting to walk away.

"Hey, wait!" You grabbed his hand. "I, um, would actually like to go out with you." You said shyly. You could tell the guy was smiling by the crinkles by his eyes. Maybe this was worth losing that butterfly.

Aaron:

"...I want it." You said suddenly, eyeing the butterfly on the tree.

"No, (Y/N)." Aaron said without looking up from his phone.

"But it's so pretty." You whined. "Why can't we take it home?" Aaron sighed and put his phone away. He loved you dearly, but sometimes your weakness for cute and pretty things was a bit hard to handle.

"Because our house isn't the proper environment for a butterfly. A butterfly needs plenty of room, sunlight, and fruits to eat." Aaron reasoned.

"But we have all of that stuff at home!" You argued.

"Okay, think of it like this." He said, trying another approach. "Taking the butterfly out of its environment is like taking it away from its home. You wouldn't want to take it away from its home, would you?" You looked down at your lap and shook your head. Aaron sighed and wrapped his arm around your waist.

"How about this, we get one of those kits where you watch the caterpillar grow into a butterfly and when it's grown we'll let free." Aaron said. He didn't want to make upset, so this should make you happy. You perked your head and nodded rapidly, smiling widely.

"Thank you Aaron!" You squealed, kissing his cheek and attacking him in a bear hug. He rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but chuckle and hug you back. Yes, you could be a little hard to handle at times, but at the end of the day he loved with all of his heart.

Guess who's finally gonna see Moana? I'm posting this earlier than usual since I'll be out, but I hope you enjoyed!

I love you all!

~Alyssa