Kuudere For Jade's Contest

Don't mind this! It's just a thing for eggheadJade 's contest!

Zane walked stiffly through the school halls, the multi-colored tiles shining dully at him. A freshman suddenly appeared in his path, but Zane didn't see him. The two students ended up bumping into each other, the freshman dropping his books. Zane wordlessly helped pick up the books and handed them back to the flustered freshman.

"Please watch where you're going next time." Zane said in a monotone voice. After a final nod at the student, Zane continued to walk.

He walked by a window, a sunny day staring at him for a moment before he passed the window. He preferred dreary cloudy days or chilly rainy days, but warm sunny days were okay too. On sunny days, the students seemed to be happier, the teachers less stressed, the animals less vicious, the plants flourishing with even more life.

Plants... green... green eyes... Travis. Zane quickly banished the thought about Travis. He couldn't think about him when he had classes to think about, and his reputation. He was known as the serious emo kid at his high school. It took him a while to get such a title that isolates him from the rest. Zane couldn't give up that name for his stupid crush on his fellow sophomore.

So what if Travis had pretty eyes, a cute smile, a button nose, a head of fluffy white hair that looked like a cloud... What was Zane thinking about again? Just as the raven haired boy started to question his existence, he bumped into someone for the second time that day.

Unfortunately, Zane wasn't able to balance himself quick enough and started to fall backwards. He closed his eyes and braced himself for the impact, but it never came. He opened his light ocean blue eyes to met with a pair of fern green eyes. Travis stared down at Zane, a bit of relief hidden behind his white smile and bright eyes.

"Be careful Zane! Who knows what could've happened if I didn't catch you?" Travis' smile turned teasing as he continued to look down at Zane. If you asked Zane himself, he would deny the fact that his cheeks were more pink than Kawaii~Chan's bow. Finally realizing their current position, Zane frantically detached himself from Travis. The white haired boy was startled by Zane's quick movements.

"T-Thank you, Travis, I appreciate it." Zane said stiffly, looking anywhere but at Travis. Too bad Zane didn't see the slight flush on Travis' cheeks. Zane's heart started to beat faster from just being near Travis. He made him completely and utterly helpless.

"No problem, Zane. Anyway, while I have you here, do you want me to walk you to class?" Travis smiled timidly at Zane, hope twinkling in his eyes. Zane's eyes flew to Travis', his eyes wider than saucers.

"No, I can't let you do that. I'm already almost late and I can't let you slow me down even more." The words tumbled out of his mouth before the blue eyed boy could even think. Travis' shoulders drooped slightly, a crestfallen look on his face.

"O-Oh, alright..." Travis mumbled, looking down at the floor. Zane refrained from reaching out to Travis and wrapping him in a loving hug. He didn't have the time to do something like that and he certainly couldn't take the chance if it meant jeopardizing his high school life. Instead, Zane curled his hands into fists at his sides and sent Travis an icy stare.

"Goodbye, Travis." Zane walked past the heartbroken Travis quickly before he could say anything else that would slow him down, ignoring the sharp pain in his chest from when he turned down the white-haired boy.

~~Next Day~~

Zane yawned quietly to himself as he walked down the barren school hallway. He wasn't feeling too good this morning, so he was going the long way to the restroom to clear his head. Ever since yesterday, a certain green-eyed boy kept making his way into Zane's thoughts. Zane kept thinking back to when he turned down Travis, no matter how much he tried to distract himself.

He hated it, yet loved it. He hated how Travis kept distracting him from his work and how he pervaded his thought. But he loved how Travis made him feel when ever he so much as even thought about his eyes, all warm and secure.

Zane felt heat creep up his neck and shook his head rather violently, trying to once again dismiss his thoughts. He suddenly felt a pair of warm hands cup his face, making him stop. He looked up to find those cursed green eyes staring down at him.

"Don't shake your head so much, you might get whiplash." Travis smiled playfully at Zane. Zane felt his face become even hotter and slowly removed Travis' hands from his face. Zane let go of Travis' hands, but Travis still gripped the raven-haired boy's hands firmly. For some odd reason, Zane didn't object, despite his brain screaming at him to stop him.

The hallway was quiet, but Zane swore Travis could hear the rapid beating of his heart. The way Travis was intently looking at him, he felt like his heart was about to jump out of his chest.

"W-What are you doing?" Zane whispered, his heart telling him not to disturb the silence but his brain telling him to scream as loud as he could, anything to get out of this situation. Zane, for once, listened to his heart.

"I'm admiring your eyes." Travis whispered back, pushing Zane's hair out of his eyes. Travis smiled when he could clearly see the light blue eyes he loved dearly. By now, Zane was sure his face resembled a tomato.

"T-Travis, I-I..." Zane choked out. He didn't even know what to say. With a Civil War going on between his brain and heart, it was hard enough to even form words. Travis let out a giggle and leaned closer to Zane.

"I know you, Zane. I know that behind that cold exterior, is someone who just wants love. I want to be that someone who gives you love." Travis smiled confidently at Zane. Zane spluttered for a response.

"I-I can't! Why?! Why are you so interested in me? I've been nothing but cold towards you, I even turned you down yesterday! I-I just don't understand..." Zane looked at Travis with confusion.

At this point, Zane didn't know what to think. Everything that was happening, everything he was allowing, went by all of his morals. Being this close to someone, having these feelings for someone, wanting to do something with someone; this wasn't supposed to happen.

Travis let go of one of Zane's hands to brush over Zane's cheeks lovingly. "I don't care about what you've done to me, I don't care that you turned me down yesterday, but what I do care about is you. Zane, your cold exterior isn't as cold and bulletproof as you think it is. I saw you help that freshman with his books. A normal cold person would walk on, but you helped him. Zane, you're different, you're special, and I want you to be mine." Travis leaned even closer to Zane's face, cupping his cheeks gently. "That is, if you'll have me." Travis looked at Zane with hope in his eyes, even more hope than yesterday.

Now that Zane was closer to Travis, it was like the effect Travis' eyes had on him was even stronger. It was almost like those green eyes put him in a trance. In that moment, all of Zane's morals went flying out the window. All that mattered was him and Travis. Zane gave Travis a small nod, so small Travis almost didn't notice it. Travis smiled widely and wrapped Zane in a hug. Zane smiled slightly and hugged back, something he's wanted to for a while.

"You won't regret this." Travis whispered into Zane's hair. Zane's brain was still yelling at him, telling him he was making a mistake, but right now, he couldn't care less when he was in Travis' arms.

"Hey! Why aren't you two in class?"

Crap.

I hope you liked it Jade! This was my first time writing a Kuudere story, so sorry if it wasn't accurate!

~Alyssa