Episode 3: A Destined Meeting

Rosa followed Ximena outside and ran over to the silver statue smack right in the center of two cobble stone paths. The middle of the wide paths seemed to double as a rest spot as there were several benches situated around it along with street lamps.

The statue was of a man holding a sword toward the ground.  His steely-gaze was fixed on the horizon, which along with his smirk, made him look as if were about to embark on a grand conquest. With his long hair and handsome features, he bore a surprising resemblance to Tetsu.

This school must've been founded during grandfather's industrial revolution. That explains why this university in the middle of the boondocks has such a modern aura to it.

"You know, you kind of look like King Orlin."

"I-I do?" Rosa asked, taking a step back.

Ximena snickered as she turned away from the statue. "Come. Only a little further until we arrive at the dorm."

Rosa eyed the cyan building to the west of the statue.

"Ximena!" a voice called out from behind them. Suddenly an arm wrapped around the older woman's shoulder. It was a handsome guy with locks of gold. Unlike Tetsu, or even most of the students, the guy wore clothes which appeared to be made out of silk among other expensive materials.

Rosa backed away from the two and squatted underneath a nearby bench. She clasped a hand over her mouth as she stared at the new arrival.

This guy... no, this is bad. Can't let him see me or he will expose me. Oh, Sky Father, please help me!

"Get your hand off of me, Eita," Ximena said, keeping her head straight.

Eita winced. "So cold. Come on, please give me a chance!"

Ximena took a deep breath before removing the guy's arm from her. "You're a nice kid, but I have someone else."

"But I'm-"

Ximena held a hand to his face and shook her head. "I already said no."

Eita clenched his jaw and glared at her. "I see how it is..."

"Oh, hey Eita, Ximena!" a voice rang in the direction of the northern path.

A blue-haired young adult around Tetsu and Ximena's age walked toward them, a smile on his face. Though his grin soon faded as he saw Eita glaring at Ximena. He quickened his pace and put a hand on Eita's shoulder.

Rosa gasped. It's Serrano! Didn't think that we would run into each other like this.

"Say, Eita! It's not nice to glare at a girl after being rejected, it only makes her like you less," he said.

"Let go of me," Eita yelled, slapping Serrano's hand.

Serrano closed his eyes and sighed, maintaining his hold on him."I will unhand you when you stop bothering Ximena. Now, if you choose not to, then I might have to do worse.

Eita grumbled. "I have no idea how my big brother can support having someone like you as a friend. I'm running late anyway." The guy pushed Serrano's arm off and rushed off like a bolt of lightning in the sky.

"That guy sure is a lot like his brother," the newcomer said, shaking his head.

"I know that Eiichi can be egotistical, but I don't think he's that bad," Rosa said as she emerged from hiding. She smiled as the blue-haired young man's silver eyes widened. "Hey there, Serra!"

"You know each other?" Ximena asked, gazing back and forth between the two.

"Of course we do, he's..." Rosa choked. "Uh, I mean... he's the one I've been looking for."