Episode 77: Heart Shield

[Black Dome- Lowest floor]

Etsuo stepped out of the portal, exhausted from everything that happened. They were so close to a tragedy occurring.

He glanced down at the unconscious Kiara in his arms. Perhaps one did happen.

"Welcome back, son," Daisaru said with a grin as he caught the boy from falling.

Etsuo smiled as he looked up at the tall man. "Glad to be back, Papa. Can you hold her for me?"

Daisaru took Kiara from him. "Who is this girl?"

"S-she's m-my s-sister!" Dan said, terrified by the man's presence.

Daisaru smiled at the scared child. "I see, and you are?"

"I-I'm Dante."

"Those two are my cousins. As for who I am, I'm Reno, Master Roa's spy," Reno said with a slight smile. "Do you know where my sister is?"

"She's still healing. By the way, your parents are among the forces of the enemy. Are they not aware of what you're up to?"

Reno shook his head. "No. Suzuki and I chose to assist you on our own. My mother gave up so easily that I didn't think she would agree to this."

Daisaru took a deep breath. "I see. I assume you wish for me to spare them, correct?"

Etsuo looked down. "Yeah..."

"Then I'll have my forces capture them and bring them here. Is there anyone else?"

Reno snuck a glance at Dan. "Uhhh, yeah, my cousins' older brother, Hideo. He might be a brat, but he's still family. Even if he doesn't see me as such."

Dan couldn't believe his ears.

Reno smiled at the child as soon as he saw the face he was making. "I might be a rebel, but I'm not a monster. Come to think of it, I should've brought uncle Hideaki with us..."

Dan lowered his head. "I-I wish so too..."

"Hideo is the one with the black rifle, correct? He chased after Roa, who went against my orders not to go rescue you."

Etsuo gasped. "You mean he went alone?"

"He took his sphere with him, so he should be alright."

Mei stared at her arm. "I... I wouldn't be so sure."

"We need to go back and help him!" Etsuo yelled.

"Help him?" a woman's voice called out. "Why when your cousin so clearly disobeyed orders? He should get out of the predicament he placed himself in by himself. Roa, unlike you, should be able to do so."

Etsuo stepped back as the dark-haired woman drew closer to him. "M-mom!"

"Perhaps he won't be if he performs like Satoru is," she said. She glanced up at the floating crystal ball above her husband's throne.

The monkey prince looked on in disbelief. Satoru had been forced to enter the second stage of his kitsune transformation. What shocked him further was who had made him go that far. It was Rosalba!

***

[Cylindrical Throne Room]

Tetsuya felt Rosalba press her head against his back. They had been fighting for a while now, but she was finally starting to run out of energy.